Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Totally Disappointed
Totally Disappointed
Hi everyone i hope some one can help me. After much research i bought a new DEVILBISS and i have never been so disappointed in my life. Total waist of $1500AU dollars. First the supplier has set the machine and i can't seem to change the settings so that it runs on auto, it basically runs as a manual, that's not what i intended when i bought it, i wanted it. to give me how much air i need not run at 11 the whole time. Second thing, they advertise that it runs as quite as the Resmed, not even close, this sh*t thing, you can hear in the other room once it ramps up to 11 and then just blows at 11 the whole time. Third thing is, i seam to be able to hear myself breathing into the hose all the time. My hose is 22mm.so i don't know if its the hose size that's the problem or just this machine. Before i bought this crap. i tried the Resmed and the fisher and pykle  the f&p wasn't too bad but the resmed was the best i should have spent the extra and bought the resmed. So because life is short i will sell this piece of sh*t to whom ever wants it for $500AU dollars take a big hit learn from my mistake and go and pay $2400 AU dollars and get a resmed like i should have in the first place.
Totally disappointed TONY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Totally Disappointed
bricki,
I can understand your frustration, but have you tried returning the machine to the supplier, or asked to exchange it for a ResMed machine?  Wouldn’t it still be under warranty?  If your not happy and it’s making noises....it doesn’t hurt to try. Dont-know

Why pay $2400.00 au dollars for a ResMed when you can purchase from the US?  Even with shipping, it could prove to be much cheaper.  Try checking some of the suppliers from the Supplier List at top of page.

Mabye some of our Australian friends here on board can advise where to buy.

In the meantime, order the Clinicians manual for your DeVilbiss, then you can change the settings yourself.  
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tony,

Ditto what Opal Rose said. I'd be online and on the telephone to the supplier quick. Handling things fresh seems to be smoother to me and I don't mind to let the person on the other end know how I feel (without being rude of course).
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tony,

I agree with both OpalRose and JesseLee. Contact the supplier as soon as you are able and explain how the machine is not meeting your expectations. I'm not sure if it's an option, but maybe they would exchange the current CPAP for a ResMed. There would likely be a money balance owed as a difference between the 2 machines.

Realistically, your least expensive direction is what OpalRose mentioned, which is to buy the CPAP you really want online via the supplier list and have it shipped to you.

If it were me, I'd do both above mentioned actions. Contact the supplier and arrange for a return and refund for the current device. Then order what you really wanted from an online supplier.

Best to success on this getting fixed quickly. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 02:26 AM)bricki Wrote: <snip>
i should have spent the extra and bought the resmed. So because life is short i will sell this piece of sh*t to whom ever wants it for $500AU dollars take a big hit learn from my mistake and go and pay $2400 AU dollars and get a resmed like i should have in the first …

(06-02-2018, 08:00 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: <snip>
Contact the supplier and arrange for a return and refund for the current device. Then order what you really wanted from an online supplier.

And hopefully the worst case is your supplier will only accept return of the DeVilbiss if you purchase the ResMed from them.  Still a smaller cost than the hit of selling the DeVilbiss and purchasing the ResMed — even from an Internet supplier.  In fact, I'm hoping that you can get out at the same sunk cost had you first bought the ResMed.  I'm thinking your supplier will be an honorable (honourable) one despite the setup issues you had with the machine.

Wishing you success with this, and hoping you'll keep us posted on your activities.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's any consolation, the next version of Sleephead will support your machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 02:26 AM)bricki Wrote: Hi everyone i hope some one can help me. After much research i bought a new DEVILBISS and i have never been so disappointed in my life. Total waist of $1500AU dollars. First the supplier has set the machine and i can't seem to change the settings so that it runs on auto ... [etc.]

It's been a while since I've read such a load of drivel. The misspellings don't help, either.

Facts:  The DV user's guide says that the machine's sound pressure level is 26 dBA.  The Resmed user's guide says that the A10's SPL is 25 to 27 dBA.  I have a DV machine and I have no complaint about its noise level.  The sound difference between it and the A10 is not noticeable to me.

Speculation:  Any noise heard through the hose and mask with the DV is likely to be heard with any other machine also.  It's not reasonable to assume offhand that the machine is at fault until you have tried the same hose & mask with a different one.  That's elementary.  It seems to me that if jumping weren't allowed, you'd never get to a conclusion.

Facts:  All APAP machines can be set to fixed-pressure mode.  If an APAP is set to fixed mode when auto mode is desired, that can easily be changed with a few keypresses.  The secret handshake for the DV machine, to change the pressure settings, is available here on AB, just as with the other machine brands, by using the "CPAP Setup Manuals" link at the top of the web page.

Questions:  So what's the nonsense about "I can't seem to change the settings"?  Why "seem"?  Either you know how to change the settings or you don't.  Which is it?  And if you don't know, why p*** & moan about it?  Why not simply learn how to change the settings, and then change them?

Opinions:  A responsible consumerdroid will decide what product he wants to buy before buying it, not afterward.  If he wants Brand X and a seller offers him Brand Y instead, if he has any sense he won't settle for Brand Y but will take his business elsewhere.  Also, if he wants to buy an APAP machine and a seller offers him a fixed-pressure machine that can't do APAP, if he has any sense he won't settle for the fixed-pressure machine but will take his business elsewhere.  An irresponsible & oblivious consumerdroid, OTOH, has only himself to blame for the messes that he gets into. If he wants Brand X but he deliberately buys Brand Y, whose fault is that?

Here's a tip: Don't try to write product reviews. You obviously don't have the patience for it, among other things.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible that the machine may be defective causing excessive noise levels. I've read several instances of machine blower noise being very disturbing, albeit most noise complaints are with older machines.

If mask leakage is excessive, then it will certainly be disturbing and could very easily make a lot of noise during breathing cycles. Without sleep data to analyze, you will have to rule out leaks as the source of noise. Fortunately Sleepyhead will include your machine in the next version, as Sleeprider has pointed out. Hopefully you will get an exchange to replace your machine through your supplier.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 12:14 PM)JesseLee Wrote: It's possible that the machine may be defective causing excessive noise levels.

True, that's a possibility. In that case, it should be exchanged under the warranty, which again is something that a conscientious consumer will do after looking for the expected sound pressure level in the specifications at the back of the user's guide and comparing it to what he's hearing. (By the way, DV machines used to have a 5-year warranty, which was exceptional. ISTR that it's currently 2 years.)
Post Reply Post Reply
hoo boy! fats, you been ambien posting? joking. some great zingers in that post #7, poor OP's feelings notwithstanding.
to pick just one: "if jumping weren't allowed, you'd never get to a conclusion", heh, love it. you could accuse me of this. sometimes our lack of information and our frustration lead us down this path. no harm in venting. I encourage the same patience you all have shown me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disappointed in airsense 11 after 12 years with S9 Rejackson 4 2,258 04-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  I am totally lost gaydolphinorgy 4 797 01-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I am TOTALLY (and hopelessly) lost! Danno54 31 3,240 06-26-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Disappointed in my sleep Doc Sleepstarved 27 3,804 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can't find a mask. Totally frustrated! michael9346 51 7,646 07-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Sad New and Disappointed JoLyn 71 7,957 02-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Last Post: JoLyn
  Totally New CPAP User - CLUELESS Theilluminator 10 3,056 07-09-2017, 10:49 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.