Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Totally Disappointed
RE: Totally Disappointed
Fats, You wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 02:39 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Fats, You wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

My AHI was too high. Sad Boo hoo.

No, seriously, that was OK but I guess I'm just a little bit stressed from other stuff. Should take a mini-vacation.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me the question is...why are the machines so expensive in Au? Isn't that where Resmed is located? Why are they almost triple the price then what you can buy them for in USA and Canada?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a more polite re-formulation of my earlier post, addressed to the OP.

You said "i hope some one can help me." What help do you want? You didn't specify. In any case, for starters, it would be good to know the model number of your DV machine (and if you're going to continue using it, you should put that in your profile so we can see it in your sidebar). Is it a DV64 (IntelliPAP 2)? Or a DV54? Both of those are APAP machines, and you can easily get the machine out of fixed-pressure mode and into APAP mode with a few keypresses. Use the link "CPAP Setup Manuals" at the top of the page here to request a cheat-sheet for your machine that will tell you the secret handshake to get into the setup menus. But if your machine is a DV51 or 53, then it's not APAP, only fixed-pressure, and if you were told that it's APAP then you were sold a lemon. Caveat emptor.

The machine shouldn't be noisy. For instance, the DV54 user's guide says that the sound pressure level is 26 dBA. The Resmed user's guide says that the A10's SPL is 25 to 27 dBA. I have a DV54 and I have no complaint about its noise level. The sound difference between it and the A10 is not noticeable to me. If your machine is noisy, there would seem to be two possibilities: either you were sold a used machine instead of a new one, or your new machine is defective and it should be exchanged under the warranty. You can find out whether a machine is used by checking its total run hours on the display.

If you bought the DV machine thinking it would be exactly equivalent to a Resmed, you were misled. It can be just about as good as a Resmed in most ways, but you don't get the Resmed bragging rights with it. However, if yours is noisy and therefore either defective or used, you should return it for a refund (if you can get that) or else a new, non-noisy machine of the same kind. Taking the initiative to file that claim amounts to a sort of Consumer Responsibility 101. Also included there is the responsibility of checking the run hours and making sure that all the components are included in the package.

What it comes down to is that if you have a legitimate grievance with the seller, you should return the machine, and that's the only advice you need from anyone. But if the product is actually OK and new, and you just don't like it after buying it, that's not the fault of the seller and probably you should have got the Resmed to begin with. Wee consumerdroids, and large ones too, all make that kind of mistake at one time or another.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just want to put my 2 cents in here.  

We cannot expect new folk to "automatically know"  what to look for when shopping for a cpap.  And even doing our research, things don't always go as we planned.
With that said, venting is allowed folks, but it is up to us that have been through this to help guide a new cpap user. 
My motto has always been....if you feel that you can't help someone, or at least be kind, then...walk away from the keyboard.  You don't have to respond to all posts.  
Fats has apologized and we should just move on.  Okay

Grouphug3
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 04:12 PM)Mogy Wrote: For me the question is...why are the machines so expensive in Au? Isn't that where Resmed is located? Why are they almost triple the price then what you can buy them for in USA and Canada?

Mogy, that's off-topic yet worthy of its own thread.  Maybe in this forum or in the Off Topic forum?  Anyway, ResMed was started in Oz but became so successful, particularly in the U.S., that they relocated.  Discussion of the high prices are yet another (off-topic) matter with complex reasons (not all of which are associated with greed or opportunism).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 05:21 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 04:12 PM)Mogy Wrote: For me the question is...why are the machines so expensive in Au? Isn't that where Resmed is located? Why are they almost triple the price then what you can buy them for in USA and Canada?

(not all of which are associated with greed or opportunism). Laugh-a-lot
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow.It must be great to be highly educated and intelligent like your self.   I'm sorry if my poor grammar offends you. I emigrated form Croatia to AUS. and only had a limited education. That doesn't mean i'm stupid, as i had a very successful building company until i had a heart attack and had to retire.
To answer some of you questions i tried to buy a Resmed from USA but all the suppliers have some special contract with Resmed and Phillips that they can't sell new machines to overseas, only second hand ones. That's why i bought a DV. Trust me, i did a lot of research before i bought this one. I was in communication with 2 blokes in AUS who have DV and they put me onto this supplier in Redmond Washington. They are both very happy with there's,
that's why i am so frustrated with mine. I don't care what anybody says this thing is far more noisier then i think it should be. As i said i tried the Resmed and the F&P and the DV is a lot noisier even though it is advertised as being the same decibels. If my posts or my grammar offend you then don't read them.
PS. my machine is the Devilbiss intellipap2 auto adjust and i bought it from Respshop in Redmond Washington, and it's only one week old.
Regards Tony
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bricki.  I understand your frustration.  Machines here in Aus are so much more expensive than overseas, though buy using a local dealer it makes it easier when these problems arise.  If you search around you can get a ResMed for well under $2500. I know several local places have sales on and prices under $2000 including mask.  Supplier #13 or Cpap direct (google them) have some good deals.  Happy to discuss them more by pm if you wish.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2018, 05:32 AM)bricki Wrote: PS. my machine is the Devilbiss intellipap2 auto adjust and i bought it from Respshop in Redmond Washington, and it's only one week old.
Regards Tony

Hi Tony,
I just noticed that you bought this machine from Respshop in Washington.  This supplier is on our list at top of page, Supplier #29.   From your original post, we thought you purchased the machine in Australia.  

Either way, I just looked on their website, and they are selling that same machine for $599.00.  That is a big difference in the price you paid.  Although, I have no idea what you paid to have it shipped.

Regardless, my advice is the same.  Call them, explain the problem.  There may possibly be a defect.
See if it can be replaced or refunded. If it is only one week old, they should help you out.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disappointed in airsense 11 after 12 years with S9 Rejackson 4 2,205 04-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  I am totally lost gaydolphinorgy 4 781 01-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I am TOTALLY (and hopelessly) lost! Danno54 31 3,172 06-26-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Disappointed in my sleep Doc Sleepstarved 27 3,743 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can't find a mask. Totally frustrated! michael9346 51 7,489 07-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Sad New and Disappointed JoLyn 71 7,813 02-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Last Post: JoLyn
  Totally New CPAP User - CLUELESS Theilluminator 10 3,019 07-09-2017, 10:49 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.