Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tracking usage from two machines via ResMed MyAir
Tracking usage from two machines via ResMed MyAir
Hello,

I have a job where my CPAP usage is tracked annually.  I must show hours per night, and nights per year.

I would like to have a machine at home and a machine I can travel with.  I am looking at having to be away from home nearly 50% of the time over the next year.

Is there anyway to have both machines tied to a single MyAir account so my sleep doc can pull a single report that includes both machines to produce the needed reports each year for me?

I called and asked at the office, but the gal answering the phone wasn't sure and said she would "get back to me".  Not holding out great hope.

Any info you have would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tracking usage from two machines via ResMed MyAir
myAir only has a single field for a Device and Serial number, so I don't see how two devices can be tied to a single account concurrently.

I only see two options:
Create two myAir accounts or Keep switching back and forth between Device and Serial numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can import data from different machines into SleepyHead into one profile. You could generate usage reports from SleepyHead if your doc will accept and sign off on compliance with that information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. Looks like I am stuck. I have to provide the compliance report to my employer. They will not accept Sleepyhead.

A back up/travel machine would have been great.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can import and use two machines in Rescan will they accept a report from that ?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's simple just Supply them with the compliance reports from both machines if one machine says you're 60% compliant and the other one says you're 40% compliance then the two together is a hundred percent compliant if they have a problem with this or terminate you for this then you have a wrongful termination lawsuit and you're looking at even possibly class action lawsuit
Post Reply Post Reply
This discussion is interesting from the perspective that Resmed uses the data to conduct research and draw conclusions about the use of their machines including generalized compliance. The track individual machines rather than patients, so individuals using more than one machine, really messes with their research, although I suspect that relatively few patients do this. The tracking of machine rather than individuals is an important privacy matter, so I'm not looking for a change in this approach, nor a capability for Resmed to aggregate results of multiple machines being used by an individual.

From a practical matter, I think the number of days with greater than 4 hours use is tracked, so all you need to do is add up the number of compliant days for both machines for the compliance period.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2019, 08:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This discussion is interesting from the perspective that Resmed uses the data to conduct research and draw conclusions about the use of their machines including generalized compliance.  The track individual machines rather than patients, so individuals using more than one machine, really messes with their research, although I suspect that relatively few patients do this.  The tracking of machine rather than individuals is an important privacy matter, so I'm not looking for a change in this approach, nor a capability for Resmed to aggregate results of multiple machines being used by an individual.

From a practical matter, I think the number of days with greater than 4 hours use is tracked, so all you need to do is add up the number of compliant days for both machines for the compliance period.

I actually just a couple of days ago e-mailed resmed about this very issue (I have a travel machine as well and use it for about 12 nights each month). Here's the response I got:

Quote:Hello,

Thank you for contacting myAir Support.

Please note that you can only register one account with one email address for one device.

It's not possible to setup two different device into one account.

We suggest you to create a new myAir account for the second device.

Find answers to many of your myAir questions on our support page (link redacted) . Be sure to also check out the helpful videos and articles in your myAir Sleep Library.

Regards,
Your myAir Support Team 
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask your doc if he will accept a Sleepyhead report. Show him an example. Heck, even pilots are getting their docs to accept them. The data is available if he wants to double check it.

I have a similar problem with blood glucose meters. The office can't combine meters, but I can combine both Bayer meters in a single report using the home software. The data is available for them to check it if need be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I emailed myAir App requesting support of having a travel machine as well.  Maybe if enough people request it, they will update the app.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,330 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 627 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 350 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 674 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.