Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Transcend EZEX CPAP
RE: Transcend EZEX CPAP
(10-01-2014, 11:22 AM)Eleong2 Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 06:22 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Eelong2. Thanks for the detailed report.

I was interested in your use of a muffler. I would have thought the system was calibrated for a particular hose length / diameter and mask type, and adding extra volume in the air path would affect the machine's ability to maintain the correct pressure/flow rate and measure apneas. Did you experience any problems in this regard?

DeepBreathing,
I bought a pocket CPAP manometer and verified that the pressure is the same with and without my little muffler. I did the same test for both the Transcend and my Respironics System One CPAP machines.

It sounds like everything's covered and you've overcome the noise problem. Excellent outcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend EZEX CPAP
(09-23-2014, 05:06 PM)Eleong2 Wrote: Attached are more pictures of my cpap muffler

I have updated my cpap muffler making it a little smaller than my original version. Using a 3 oz plastic jar and two cpap hose couplings. The smaller version works just as well as my original muffler.    
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Somnetics Transcend CPAP mldavis99 13 23,194 05-14-2019, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Diotima245
  [Product Review] Transcend travel Apap review Sinkiller 4 15,517 09-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Eleong2
  [Product Review] [split] Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX sjssf 1 8,714 05-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.