Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transcend H6B Humidification System
Transcend H6B Humidification System
Is it possible to use the Transcend H6B Humidification System with a non-Transend CPAP? That is will the tubing fit another CPAP or if not is there an adapter?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend H6B Humidification System
Hi slowpoke,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure that you can interchange humidifiers or that there is an adaptor to do that.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 07:15 PM)slowpoke Wrote: Is it possible to use the Transcend H6B Humidification System with a non-Transend CPAP? That is will the tubing fit another CPAP or if not is there an adapter?
Thanks

Instead of the H6B you can buy the Z1 Univeral HME and put that inline with the mask you are using now. Plug it it onto your mask then attach your hose to it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. My understanding is that the Z1 filter is in-line between tube segments while in the H6B it is attached directly to the Transcend mask so that it is closer to the exhale point. The question boils down to is the Transcend tube "standard" so that it will attach to other machines?

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 10:00 AM)slowpoke Wrote: Thanks for the replies. My understanding is that the Z1 filter is in-line between tube segments while in the H6B it is attached directly to the Transcend mask so that it is closer to the exhale point. The question boils down to is the Transcend tube "standard" so that it will attach to other machines?

I have the Transcend EZEX and it uses an adapter so that you can plug a standard CPAP hose to it. The outlet of the Transcend itself is a smaller diameter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2015, 04:48 PM)Eleong2 Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 10:00 AM)slowpoke Wrote: Thanks for the replies. My understanding is that the Z1 filter is in-line between tube segments while in the H6B it is attached directly to the Transcend mask so that it is closer to the exhale point. The question boils down to is the Transcend tube "standard" so that it will attach to other machines?

I have the Transcend EZEX and it uses an adapter so that you can plug a standard CPAP hose to it. The outlet of the Transcend itself is a smaller diameter.

Thanks, sounds like the hose that comes with the H6B would need an adapter to connect to a "standard" hose or unit that directly accepts a "standard" hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't know anything about the Transcend but I figured I'd post a pic of the Z1 HME attached to my F&P Eson mask. It does not mount between hoses, it cant, it attaches directly to any standard size mask and hose.

[Image: hme.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for the picture. I had not been able to find a picture of the Z1 filter installed. That looks like it will work much better than if it had to be attached to a hose--certainly worth $6 to try it.

The Transcend filter is built into the mask (see youtube.com/watch?v=Oi0ECrYNtS8) which puts the filter between the mask and the vent. But the hose has a proprietary end that fits the CPAP (see at 1:38 here youtube.com/watch?v=uYtQpPMUYss). It would be nice to be able to use the H6B on another machine. I would pay the $120 to use it on my S9 on short trips and leave the S9 humidifier at home. But I do not travel enough to justify buying another machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,680 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,350 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.