Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transcend Pressure Setting
Transcend Pressure Setting
Has anyone been able to self change pressure settings on Transcend travel model. If so, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend Pressure Setting
Greg,

You will need the Somnetics software package for the Transcend CPAP System to change pressures and settings.

To obtain the software for free, go to our Private Files & Links Forum here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
[login required]

There is a thread there on how to download the Somnetics software and PDF manuals.

Hope this helps!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello SuperSleeper
(I am a bit late in reporting this, but just in case...)
This link goes to Somnetics - but we cannot open the Software link for Transcend. Perhaps they have removed the online software.
regards
jandi
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2012, 05:52 AM)jandi Wrote: Hello SuperSleeper
(I am a bit late in reporting this, but just in case...)
This link goes to Somnetics - but we cannot open the Software link for Transcend. Perhaps they have removed the online software.
regards
jandi

Nope... I just checked and it's still there. The link is not to the software... rather, it's to the software download page. Click on the website link in that post, then scroll down under the "Software" heading to where it says "Somnetics Sleep Apnea Software Revision L" and click on that to download the installation file.

Also, the User PDF files are listed for download above that file, if you'd like them.

You might have simply been trying to download it when their server had a "burp", perhaps. Dont-know
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello SuperSleeper
I tried again and this time got directed from "Somnetics Sleep Apnea Software Revision L" to "this webpage is not available" and there is an Error Code 330 - Content Decoding Failed. Maybe it is an Australia thing/Chrome thing? I have Windows 7. Kind regards, jandi.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 02:54 AM)jandi Wrote: Hello SuperSleeper
I tried again and this time got directed from "Somnetics Sleep Apnea Software Revision L" to "this webpage is not available" and there is an Error Code 330 - Content Decoding Failed. Maybe it is an Australia thing/Chrome thing? I have Windows 7. Kind regards, jandi.

Could be. I tried again just now and had no problems. I would try a different web browser (Windows Explorer perhaps). Also make sure you don't have popup blockers activated.

Also, it helps to try to download large files like this when it's not a busy time locally for your Internet provider. Like before 7 am in the morning or after 11 pm at night.

Good luck!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 02:54 AM)jandi Wrote: Hello SuperSleeper

Hi Jandi,

I just tried to both access and download the software and the page works perfectly for me, I just don't need it since I don't have that device.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with Chrome also.

Did you try the link with IE? It has to be installed with Windows.

If the problem happens again, try refreshing your browser a few times with the <F5> function key.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SuperSleeper and The Werkz
I will try those tips, thank you very much.
If it is not too big, I could try to copy it from the CD and email it to myself in case I need it overseas over the next few weeks. So I could adjust settings using a friend's ipad. I am not overly worried as I think the pressures will be OK when I sort out the leaking mask seal.
Kind regards
jandi
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried to install the software, and it brainlessly insists on uninstalling my current version of SQL Server Compact Edition. I'm a programmer and I need to keep what I currently have installed. Looks like I have to have a dedicated computer for that thing.

In my business, I run into bad design all the time...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello happywiz,
Perhaps you will have to borrow a friend's computer just to set it up. Once it is changed, you will rarely need to adjust it again. (I assume you do have the password "juniper")
jandi
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 7 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 964 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.