Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transcend SQL server Compact error
Transcend SQL server Compact error
I have just obtained a Transcend miniCPAP through a mail order supplier. The package included the software.

It installed OK. But after the initial screens, it gave the following error:

Unable to load the native components of SQL Server Compact corresponding to the ADD.NET provider of version 8080. Install the correct version of SQL server component. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details

I tried this on two different computers - one with Windows 10, the other with Windows XP, and got the same result.

On reading the above article (on Microsoft's Knowledge Base) I recognised I was out of my depth. I am reluctant to try installing new system software on computers which are pretty standard - and, in the XP case, in no longer supported by Microsoft. I have installed and used many PC programs over the years, and never found anything as strange as this when using normal PC operating systems - a criticism of the Somnetics developers.

Any ideas how to resolve? The people who sold me the machine are not returning calls or responding to emails.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend SQL server Compact error
from Google:

I had a similar problem. I was opening a compact framework sql database and it gave me the following error:

Unable to load the native components of SQL Server Compact corresponding to the ADO.NET provider of version 8080. Install the correct version of SQL Server Compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details.
When looking up the article, it led me to the following Link. The following quote explains what went wrong:

Compact based applications generally program against the Compact ADO.NET provider (System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll). This provider in-turn communicates with the native Compact components. In order to avoid various inconsistencies, a Compact ADO.NET provider of a certain version can talk only to the Compact native components of the same version.
In the end I solved it by downloading and installing the service pack in the following link. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=5783

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend SQL server Compact error
Thanks, eplantz

I implemented your suggestion on my XP machine, and it worked. So I have managed to set my CPAP.

The service pack is described as supporting up to Windows 7. Do you know if there is something different for Windows 10, or should I attempt the same fix? I would expect my new CPAP to last longer than my old XP computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 46 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,212 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 895 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [prismaTS] Accidentally uninstall SQL Server rudwna 4 672 12-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data mjholdeman 6 1,805 12-01-2022, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Mspeker
Question New Version, Access Denied Error 5 wesozzzz 1 657 08-23-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called biz1219 2 1,540 06-13-2022, 07:54 AM
Last Post: biz1219

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.