Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations
RE: Adjusting for flow limitations
(03-25-2024, 10:41 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Follow SleepRider’s recommendation for pressure changes. It likely will not reduce the flow limitations, but should help with sleep quality.

Flow limitations, as well as arousals and UARS, are interesting beasties to chase. There is a trade-off on managing them vs going after quality sleep. Just because you can reduce flow limitations does not mean you will sleep better, it just means you have managed flow limitations. Same for arousals. 

Feeling rested, regardless what your machine or OSCAR reports, is our goal. We all get caught up chasing numbers, but it does not mean we had quality sleep. Quite a conundrum at times.

That makes sense. Numbers are fun but not the end goal. Feeling rested is hard bc of how subjective it is. I also take stimulants, which I think lead to fatigue at the end of the day regardless of my therapy. To be honest, my best indicator of therapy right now has been how bad my headache is in the morning (ranging from hit with a club to none at all). When my therapy goes well, I wake up without a headache, and I actually often forget to take my medication. Prior to CPAP, I needed it to even get out of bed, much less stay awake throughout the day. 

I changed my settings but need a few more days before posting results as I have to temporarily be on a med that disrupts sleep Sad

(03-25-2024, 12:41 PM)apnea505 Wrote: The Apple Watch really has been useless for helping with breathing issues at night. You really need a device that measures oxygen and heart rate continuously.

Yes, this is why I gave up wearing it, honestly. It wasn't giving me super useful information, and is an older model without the ability to do 02. Would love any suggestions you have for something else that would work better, I haven't looked into it much yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 44 9 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 261 11 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 248 Yesterday, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 4 202 Yesterday, 05:15 PM
Last Post: earnerd
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 175 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 655 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 979 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.