Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size
Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size
Does anyone know the correct size of Somnetics/Transcend barrel connectors...specifically for the new Transcend Micro?  (I bet that some of the older Somnetics models use the same connector too, however.)  I've measured a plug at home with calipers and came up with about .237" OD x .175" ID. This translates to about 6.02mm x 4.45mm.  The closest barrel connector size I've found is 6mm x 4.3mm, but it's not very common.  Perhaps that's why Somnetics chose it?

I'm interested in making my own battery adapter cable (I'm thinking: barrel connector to Anderson Powerpoles, if it is indeed just two conductors) for the machine and just wanted to ask the community if anyone knew before I go cutting wires.  If the barrel connector is something even less common than 6mm x 4.3mm, I'd probably just cut the DC side of the power supply that came with the machine and put the Powerpoles in the middle.  Thanks for you thoughts!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size
Are they possibly 6.0x4.4 connectors?
There are very many of these.

important to know would be whether it has a pin in the middle of the plug?
Post Reply Post Reply
I also got the Transcend Micro. A suitable connector is 6.5 x 4.3mm where 6.5 x 4.4mm very likely also fits.
I have taken a USB C trigger which gives an output voltage of 15V. This should be able to be connected directly to the device since the optional battery pack from Transcend outputs 14.8V. So I assume that the device works at any voltage between 14.4V and 19V.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you ever get this to work? Interested in doing this also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it works.
It is to be noted that the Transcend Micro has partially no power consumption. When the human is in or out breathing, there is a short period of time where no current is flowing. This can affect the powerbank (may the powerbank turns off).
I recently bought the Shargeek Strom2 Slim but haven't spent a night with it yet. Possibly in the next few days
Post Reply Post Reply
New to forum just for this post. May I ask where you were able to get the size barrel adapter. I'd love to get a USB C trigger and battery bank just for this set up but can't find that size on the big marketplace, nor can I solder my own.

My backup plan is a Power bank with 120v but they're really big.

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
Would a USB-C PD Power Bank work? I ordered the USB-C to Transcend Micro barrel adapter that's made for the TM and the Freedom V2 battery. Don't want to spend $350 on a huge power bank though. 12V adapter would be ideal but there's only a Chinese made one that looks pretty bad.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 964 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,426 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.