Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transfer CPAP Settings
Question 
Transfer CPAP Settings
Good morning, first time poster here. I am a Philips DreamStation user.  Last week, my machine, only 7 months old starting turning off at night randomly. Called the health agency and they sent me a new machine section (I keep the humidifier). 

Received machine yesterday and set it up this morning.  I put my modem and my SD card into the machine, however, the new machine is in a 30 day trial mode. I don’t really want to do a 30 day trial, as I have been extremely happy with my other machines settings.  Is there a way to have he new machine use the old parameters?

Also, I am missing a few days of use, as the health agency switched the S/N of the machine and the old machine stopped sending data to the cloud and through Bluetooth, can that data be synced (I am assuming it is on my SD card)?

Thanks,

Cale
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transfer CPAP Settings
Welcome to the Board. Go into to Therapy Settings by holding the big knob and ramp button in together for seconds. Go to AUTO and turn it off.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  Once I turn that off, are there parameters stored on the SD card that the machine will then start to use?

I am new to this whole CPAP thing and fairly young.  Since I have started using this machine, I cannot remember ever sleeping this well.

Cale
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you turn off Auto you'll want to set your previous pressures from your old machine on the new one. You can do this also in the Therapy settings. If the machine was in Auto mode I doubt there is any settings on the SD card. Also you can get a copy of clinic manual for your machine in the private files section.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 05:35 AM)calewjohnson Wrote: Good morning, first time poster here. I am a Philips DreamStation user.  Last week, my machine, only 7 months old starting turning off at night randomly. Called the health agency and they sent me a new machine section (I keep the humidifier). 

Received machine yesterday and set it up this morning.  I put my modem and my SD card into the machine, however, the new machine is in a 30 day trial mode. I don’t really want to do a 30 day trial, as I have been extremely happy with my other machines settings.  Is there a way to have he new machine use the old parameters?

Also, I am missing a few days of use, as the health agency switched the S/N of the machine and the old machine stopped sending data to the cloud and through Bluetooth, can that data be synced (I am assuming it is on my SD card)?

Thanks,

Cale

Cale, check to see that you got the same model.  The Dreamstation DSX400 Pro series is a fixed CPAP that has a 30 day auto-trial mode to set the pressure.  If you previously has a Dreamstation Auto DSX500, then you got downgraded! If you were using fixed pressure that setting can clearly be duplicated. While you're at it, check the run hours in Settings. You can learn how to access the clinical menus by requesting a free clinical setup menu from Apnea Board https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

If you have your original SD card, just download the free #Sleepyhead program, and upload the data to a PC or Mac computer. You will be able to review your entire history of settings and results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 05:35 AM)calewjohnson Wrote: Good morning, first time poster here. I am a Philips DreamStation user.  Last week, my machine, only 7 months old starting turning off at night randomly. Called the health agency and they sent me a new machine section (I keep the humidifier). 

Thanks,

Cale

While it is great that you are proactive and in charge of your own therapy, you might want to make your DME (equipment provider) responsible for these issues so they are properly documented for any insurance claim that you may have.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 06:16 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: calewjohnsonGood morning, first time poster here. I am a Philips DreamStation user.  Last week, my machine, only 7 months old starting turning off at night randomly. Called the health agency and they sent me a new machine section (I keep the humidifier). 

Thanks,

Cale

While it is great that you are proactive and in charge of your own therapy, you might want to make your DME (equipment provider) responsible for these issues so they are properly documented for any insurance claim that you may have.

Thanks, but not that easy.  I am active duty, stationed in MD, have supplies mailed to FL, and I am on the road a lot.  They drop shipped my stuff this past week since I was on my way to FL for a conference, not ideal, but it works.  In 313 days, when I retire, life will be much easier.  In the meantime, I have done some reading, I bought a Toshiba WIFi SD card today, and will set up the suggested program to download to my main computer for the future.

Thanks,

Cale
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 07:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:

Thanks,

Cale

Cale, check to see that you got the same model.  The Dreamstation DSX400 Pro series is a fixed CPAP that has a 30 day auto-trial mode to set the pressure.  If you previously has a Dreamstation Auto DSX500, then you got downgraded!  If you were using fixed pressure that setting can clearly be duplicated.  While you're at it, check the run hours in Settings. You can learn how to access the clinical menus by requesting a free clinical setup menu from Apnea Board 

If you have your original SD card, just download the free SleepyHead program, and upload the data to a PC or Mac computer.  You will be able to review your entire history of settings and results.

Thanks for the info, I had a DSX400 and they replaced with the same.  My old machine /blower hours are around 1200 hours, while the new machine has 245 hours and 0 blower hours.  Assuming they sent a refurb??

I think I have the settings changed on the new to match the old.  What was interesting, after I would see the Sleep Doc at Walter Reed, he would submit a change and the pressure would be different a couple days later.  All pretty snazzy.

I ordered a Toshiba WiFi SD card and will put the SleepyHead program on my computer.  Something else to poke around in.

Thanks.

Cale
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your service Cale. Let us know if we can help in any way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 07:10 PM)calewjohnson Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 06:16 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: calewjohnsonGood morning, first time poster here. I am a Philips DreamStation user.  Last week, my machine, only 7 months old starting turning off at night randomly. Called the health agency and they sent me a new machine section (I keep the humidifier). 

Thanks,

Cale

Thanks, but not that easy.  I am active duty, stationed in MD, have supplies mailed to FL, and I am on the road a lot.  They drop shipped my stuff this past week since I was on my way to FL for a conference, not ideal, but it works.  In 313 days, when I retire, life will be much easier.  In the meantime, I have done some reading, I bought a Toshiba WIFi SD card today, and will set up the suggested program to download to my main computer for the future.

Thanks,

Cale
Thank you for your service. 

WiFi cards sometimes bring another level of problems, so you need to keep an eye on things. Depending on which software you use to download your data, you may wish to check for the correct subnet and depending on which IP you are using, set the router to make sure that you use a static assigned address to keep it from assigning an alternative "dynamic" address after a power failure or reboot. 

I tend to prefer FlashPap to handle the transfer because it is written in Java and easy to use (http://www.cognitial.com/flashpap/index.htm)

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 226 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 448 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 936 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 473 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.