Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transfer ResScan data from one PC to another
Transfer ResScan data from one PC to another
Hi, I have nearly two years of data on my old PC in ResScan v3.14 and want to transfer the data to work in v4.3 that I have installed (but not yet used) on my new PC.

Does anyone know how I can do this please? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find that it had from searching the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transfer ResScan data from one PC to another
Welcome to the forum
If not mistaken you need to transfer the download of 3.14 from the old computer to the new computer and than download 4.3 version so you get all the data in one place

Also the SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Good luck getting this sorted out and hang in there for more suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
I have done it but that was a while ago. I think this is what I did.
Install 4.3 on your new computer.
On mine (Windows 7) locate the data directory where the data will be stored which is in my case located at.
c:\Users\All Users\Resmed\ResScan3\Patients
Locate the equivalent directory on your old computer and copy the entire contents of your old patients directory to the new patients directory.
If you can't locate this directory on your new installation it may be because it will only be made after a new patient is created, if this is the case create a dummy patient called test or something.
I hope this works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi greg-g, many thanks. I have been able to transfer the data and can view and report on it now on my new PC.

However, I get the following error when I start ResScan on my new PC, i.e. v4.3. I followed the instructions re not selecting the three drivers.

"The device communications library is required by ResScan to access data cards and
devices.

"Please reinstall ResScan to correct this problem. You will not be able to download
data or configure device settings until this problem is corrected."

I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't solve it. My PC is running Windows 7 Pro and is fully up to date.

Does anyone know what might cause this error please and what I could do?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a new one to me, hopefully someone else has seen it.
I'm running ResScan 4.3 under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 without the 3 drivers and don't have any issues.
If you plug the SD card into the computer can you look at its contents using Windows Explorer? (The tab next to the start button)
If the contents are visible under Windows Explorer I think you should be able to get ResScan to download the files with a bit of fiddling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi greg-g, yes, I can view the SD card's contents through Window's file explorer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jeff,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you on getting your data transferred to the new computer.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried to install the older version of ResScan first? Then install the newer version on top of it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PaulO2, no, I haven't this time. But I think I might have installed it (v3) years ago. I uninstalled it then when I discovered ResScan would not read from a networked Card Reader, e.g. on a Printer, and went to my old PC that has an SD reader inbuilt. I have bought a USB SD Card Reader for my new PC.

Anyway, I'm wondering if back then I unknowingly selected to install those three drivers and that this might relate to my current problem?

I have tried to uninstall ResScan and I also went through the Registry and deleted everything I could find that had ResMed or ResScan on it. I then installed 4.3 again, but still have that error message about it being unable to download data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.