Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software for DreamStation
RE: Software for DreamStation
I am trialing both Airsense 10 and Dreamstation currently, I can confirm from the manufacturer that the latest version on Encore Basic does work - however the version available in here does not seem to work with these new machines.
I Tried the Pro Version but could not get it to run on my Windows 8 machine, keeps telling me that the Username and Password are incorrect (checked that many times).

So for now

Dreamapper = not good enough
Encore Basic = cant get working version
Encore Pro = wont work

So it looks like I am buying an Airsense 10 - which is a shame as I preferred the Dreamstation
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead is just days away from working for all Dreamstation models. The Beta is up and running, and while anyone could compile a functional copy today, I think we're literally days out from a release.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2016, 11:09 PM)Zouk1972 Wrote: Encore Pro = wont work

I got your PM request, Zouk... read this post and the following posts on what you're doing wrong:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid142619

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2016, 12:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sleepyhead is just days away from working for all Dreamstation models. The Beta is up and running, and while anyone could compile a functional copy today, I think we're literally days out from a release.

Please do not take offense to this - because i think Sleepyhead is one of the best free programs ever written....just behind Kodi (he he) - but I have now heard from several sleep techs and sleep doc's who say the data in Sleepyhead is not always accurate and they do not recommend using it - granted they have relationships with re-sellers and manufacturers, but the last sleep tech I talked to went into some detail of how inaccurate it was (I tuned out) - In my own tests, the data in sleepyhead did not match the data in Encore Basic - so I am very wary of it - even with it being as wonderful as it is, and with my Docs being so stubborn - I can really only send them reports from the manufacturers software.
Has no one got a link for Encore Basic 2.8 yet?

I do prefer the Dreamstation to the Airsense 10 after trialing both for a couple of weeks - but if I cant get the software I am forced into the Airsense option with Resscan

Thanks for the prompt reply though... great forum here
Post Reply Post Reply
No offense taken. I have used both Sleepyhead and Encore software, and the results are pretty close for the 60-series machines. The Sleepyhead parsing errors are in the process of being refined right now. Mostly, the SH software is much more user friendly and accessible, and uses a visual presentation that is easier for most users to understand. EncorePro and EncoreBasic are not consumer software at all, and the manufacturer will not distribute it except to medical suppliers and doctors. The copies that are in distribution were obtained through that channel and updates are difficult to get. When I prepare data for a doctor's review, I always use the manufacturer software to prepare it, not Sleepyhead.

You are correct that SH has no medical certification and is generally not recognized nor used by the medical profession, if for no other reason, it is not intended for managing multiple patients, and lacks security measures for patient records.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add to Sleepriders post above, which I am in agreement with.

I also use both Sleepyhead and Encore Basic, and compare the stats almost daily, and have never found any real differences in the numbers.

Sleepyhead is more detailed and easier to use.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you need at least 2.8 version of encore basic to view Dreamstation machines - but they wont sell it darn it.. trying to get a copy myself
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a geeky newbieSmile I've been on apap for 6 whole daysSmile Downloaded the EncorePro, it's working fine on my Windows 8 computer. Just installed the Sleepyhead Beta on my MacBook Pro and it looks great, no problems! Much easier to use!
I'm using the newest Dreamstation
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2016, 11:09 PM)Zouk1972 Wrote: >>>>snip>>>>

So it looks like I am buying an Airsense 10 - which is a shame as I preferred the Dreamstation

IMHO, software to look at the data is only secondary to the machine which delivers the treatment.
If you don't like or trust Sleepyhead, just make Encore work for you. It's really not THAT hard to do and; It's much better solution than getting a machine you don't like as much.

Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 617 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,006 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.