Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transition from Respironics ASV to Resmed ASV
Question 
Transition from Respironics ASV to Resmed ASV
Hey friends,

I was just wondering what is the transition like between switching machines since they work a little different. It took my a few months to get used to the Respironics machine and it was a very low point of my life.

I currently use a Respironics 950ASV and get pretty good therapy but since there is the foam issue with it it has me worried. I purchased an Aircurve 10 ASV on the internet and so am a bit undecided how to approach this transition or even possibly taking the foam out myself since these models its much easier to do.

I worry too since I have tried using it one night and felt very uncomfortable, but its most likely cause my body is alarmed at how different it is to the Respironics breathing method.

Anyways, any input on how the transition went would be greatly appreciated. I just hope it isn't as bad as when my body first adapted to my first asv. It was like 3 months of really sh**ty sleep  Sad Its basically why im kind of hesitant and unsure of what to do with my therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transition from Respironics ASV to Resmed ASV
The Resmed has a different feel from Respironics and fewer controls. Most people that switch between the machines have a better experience with the Resmed. The flow transitions between EPAP and IPAP are smoother thanks to the Easybreathe algorithm vs Flex on the Philips, and the machine has a faster response when minute vent and/or backup breaths are out of target range. The Resmed learns your 90-second moving minute vent and respiration rate and uses that as the target rather than set values. As a result, you only have EPAP min, EPAP max and PS min and PS max as settings. If you have settings from your System One, we can help you get in the approximate zone for settings with the Resmed.

You may find these four threads comparing the two machines useful:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oSV-H-C-DS
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hilips-ASV
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-Phillips
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-10-VAuto
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings! I too just transitioned from a Phillips ASV to a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. My first night was a little different, I think due to anxiety.  I just finished my 7th night and have fallen in love with this machine. Try lying down and relaxing your breathing before turning on your machine. I believe you will grow to like this machine over the Phillips. There is lots of great help here to get you started on a successful program. Best of luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Link to Quackdoctor's post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid471220
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,857 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 271 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 862 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 874 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,751 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,405 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,084 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.