Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transitioning to AirSense 11 AutoSet
Transitioning to AirSense 11 AutoSet
Longtime member here, I just haven't visited the forum in a long while.  I've been using an S9 AutoSet since 2014 with great success (21,000 hours of use).  I'm getting and AirSense 11 Auto on Friday.  Any words of advice or differences in the two instruments I need to be aware of? 

Thanks y 'all!
Regular Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transitioning to AirSense 11 AutoSet
Make sure the timezone on the AS11 is set correctly before you start using it.. My preference is for the standard time zone, because you must delete all data on the machine to change the time zone. You cannot set the time and date, only the time zone offset.

Oh, yes, you will have to download OSCAR (see the menu bar at the top) in order to look at your sleep data. SleepyHead has not been updated in three years or more, so it can't read the AS11 data.

It wouldn't hurt to read the Clinicians' Setup Manual, available from the Private Files area. The algorithms are the same, but there have been some user interface changes.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info.  I have Oscar and I now have the manual.  I'll remember to set the time zone.  

Regular Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
I jumped the gun and my time zone was not correctly set before I started using my new Airsense 11 Autoset.  I now have about 1 month of use logged on my machine. I've had an SD card in for most of it (except for the 1st few days) and have been able to successfully view the SD card contents with OSCAR.

If I were to reset the time zone and lose the data on the machine, what would be the impact? Would the data on the SD card be affected? Would there be any data deleted from the machine that wouldn't be recorded on the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
As you say, all data on the machine will be lost. I'm not sure about the data on the SD card. I would strongly suggest making a zip copy of your SD card before making the TZ change. All the data you have imported to OSCAR is saved in the backup folder (except the CurrentSettings.jsaon file - which may come in handy later).
For the moment you will have to mentally adjust the times in the earlier saved data.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks pholynyk! Based on some others' experience with the AS11 time zone setting, I think I'll just leave it alone and mentally adjust the time as you say. If I did go through the hassle of fixing it, the DST change coming up soon would then require the whole process to be repeated as would travel to another time zone...
Post Reply Post Reply
The mental time zone adjustment is undoubtedly the easiest!
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirSense 11 (received recently) was set to the correct time zone (5) but does not observe daylight savings time so it's off an hour.  That should be correct in November when we 'fall' back an hour.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 391 23 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 92 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.