Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel ASV
Travel ASV
I am in need of a travel ASV. Has anyone heard of/found one? I am a relatively new pap user, and had to switch to ASV around 3 months due to central apneas. I travel as a crew member, and cannot check a bag. I also have to limit the number of bags I carry for practical reasons and don’t want to carry the Resmed Aircurve 10 around separately, due to size and risk of breaking. 

Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel ASV
I just spent a month traveling in the EU with my Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV.
The travel case can be easily transported by utilizing the strap located on the opposite side of the opening. Slide it over the extended telescopic handle to secure it and go. I always travel with a splitter since the bedside electrical outlets are often used by the lamp and clock.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not aware of any bilevel ASV available in a travel format. I think you're looking for a unicorn.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No specific travel edition of the ASV that I'm aware of. The ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is as small as you're getting. Its case that typically comes with these should help make travel somewhat easier. I realize your job makes things a bit tougher, but unfortunately this is as small as it gets.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Typically the AVS/CPAP device counts as medical equipment and it isn't counted against any bag limit for regular passengers. Is that different for a crew member?

Anytime I travel I use the bag it came it up to this point with no issue. That said I've been looking a small insulated bag I can stuff just the essential stuff is. Something like a large lunch bag and the insulation is also padding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for all the replies and suggestions. Sometimes it feels like the hardest part of my job is dragging my bags everywhere and hoisting them into the overhead bins. I can’t keep my eye on my bags on overseas flights, so I’m concerned the machine could get damaged. Good idea on the splitter. I’ll keep hoping that unicorn shows up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 11 298 04-19-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 128 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,981 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 783 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,457 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,902 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 541 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.