Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel CPAP
Travel CPAP
Now that my Remstar is going well I've only one issue with it and that is travel. For flights it's not been a problem so far as I haven't needed to sleep on the plane.

In four weeks I travel to Tasmania and will spend a month driving around what the locals call the "Apple Isle" I've deliberately booked accommodation with power whereas in past trips to Tassie I've camped for part of the trip.

With a trip to London coming up in April I'm wondering if it is worth getting a travel PAP machine. I'll need to sleep on the flight and fortunately I'm travelling business class. However, I might be moving around whle in the UK and may not have the luxury of travelling by private car.

So what are the pros and cons of the small 'travel' PAP machines and what brand should I consider? I'll be purchasing a used machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel CPAP
I've taken my Resmed around Tassie and recently to Singapore, Myanmar and Thailand. No problems anywhere. I always travel with a couple of adapters and a four outlet power board and that seems to take care of things.

Regarding the travel machine, I've never used one. But I suspect the saving in weight and volume wouldn't be significant. Remember that you will still need a power brick, hose, mask etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I travel with my Resmed Aircurve 10 machine (Europe and US) with no problem. It is allowed as an extra cary on item on flights.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
My DME REMworks leases travel machines. I haven't checked the rates, but it's an option to purchase. Like others here I have no problems using my full size Resmed or PRS1 machines in travel. In your case, you have a 12 volt machine that is easy to hook up to 12-volt power. The PowerAdd Pilot 32000 mAh lithium ion gives a couple days of run-time to a PRS1 60 series without humidifier. For air travel you need to check maximum LI-ion capacity that may be allowed.

Your PRS1 auto weighs about 1.8-lbs without humidifier, which is the comparable configuration to a travel cpap. Add in a li-ion battery, mask, hose and AC adapter if you will be using power, and it starts adding up, even with a travel CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2016, 06:54 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I've taken my Resmed around Tassie and recently to Singapore, Myanmar and Thailand. No problems anywhere. I always travel with a couple of adapters and a four outlet power board and that seems to take care of things.

Regarding the travel machine, I've never used one. But I suspect the saving in weight and volume wouldn't be significant. Remember that you will still need a power brick, hose, mask etc.

Thanks for your input. Looks like I'll stick with my Remstar (and save some money).

Post Reply Post Reply
If you travel a lot, travel PAPs are great. There is a significant savings in both size and weight...even the "bricks" are tiny and light as compared with full size machines. The HDM Z1 machine and brick can fit in a water bottle pocket on your backpack with a total weight of about 18 ounces.

Is it worth it for one trip? Depends on your pocketbook and how lightweight you want to pack. For frequent travelers it is definitely worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 619 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,451 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,191 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 441 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 756 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 26,900 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 992 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.