Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel CPAP Machines
Hello All,

I am a new member to this forum, so I apologize if my question has been asked before.  I did do a search, but came up dry  Bigwink

I travel pretty often and would like to invest in a good travel sized CPAP machine.  
My primary reason is to use on long flights so that I can sleep.  Humidifier is important, as I tend to get dry.  My settings are low (usually max at 12).  I currently use either a nasal or nasal hybrid full face mask.  Was thinking of trying nasal pillows as it looks less crazy on a plane than the full face or nasal mask.

The DreamStation Go gets great reviews, but has no humidification.  Does anyone know if you can successfully use a HME with that machine?

I would very much appreciate any input/suggestions from those who have travel machines.

Thanks!

Lin
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi Kre8tiv1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and good luck with CPAP therapy.,
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no personal experience with travel machines, but it would seem that the ResMed travel machine might be your best bet, since it includes waterless humidification with some masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  Unfortunately, from the reviews I've been reading, the Resmed waterless humidification isn't the most effective.  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
All travel sized machines are a compromise from what you use now. As soon as you add humidification, the Airsense 10 is the best and smallest machine out there. What specifically do you find to be a problem in travel with it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I want it to be small enough to use on the airplane.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use the air sense 10 on a plane. Just don't put water in the humidifier and turn the humidifier off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I need humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kre8tiv1, You can fill the humidifier tub in the plane restroom but may end up spilling it in to the machine. I wouldn't do it.

I'd get use to the idea of no humidification while on the airplane. Of course you could just stay awake the whole time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Would not use water from the plane, water stored in tanks and rarely cleaned, bottled water for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smart Med iBreeze Range of Cpap Machines Mutineer 15 664 07-19-2018, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Stom
  New machines from Resmed sleeplover69 4 258 07-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Z1 auto travel cpap mode change Aschaefer5 6 1,832 06-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 39 4,282 06-04-2018, 09:42 PM
Last Post: stepheni
  2 CPAP's - for home and travel revolp1965 8 346 05-30-2018, 05:40 PM
Last Post: GuppyDRV
  Travel tip for ResMed AirSense 10 Bubba in NC 6 603 05-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Are Machines Different on the Inside (CPAP, APAP, Bi-L, ASV)? Spy Car 8 499 04-28-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: LarryRapp