Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel CPAP Machines
Travel CPAP Machines
Hello All,

I am a new member to this forum, so I apologize if my question has been asked before.  I did do a search, but came up dry  Bigwink

I travel pretty often and would like to invest in a good travel sized CPAP machine.  
My primary reason is to use on long flights so that I can sleep.  Humidifier is important, as I tend to get dry.  My settings are low (usually max at 12).  I currently use either a nasal or nasal hybrid full face mask.  Was thinking of trying nasal pillows as it looks less crazy on a plane than the full face or nasal mask.

The DreamStation Go gets great reviews, but has no humidification.  Does anyone know if you can successfully use a HME with that machine?

I would very much appreciate any input/suggestions from those who have travel machines.

Thanks!

Lin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel CPAP Machines
Hi Kre8tiv1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and good luck with CPAP therapy.,
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no personal experience with travel machines, but it would seem that the ResMed travel machine might be your best bet, since it includes waterless humidification with some masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  Unfortunately, from the reviews I've been reading, the Resmed waterless humidification isn't the most effective.  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
All travel sized machines are a compromise from what you use now. As soon as you add humidification, the Airsense 10 is the best and smallest machine out there. What specifically do you find to be a problem in travel with it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want it to be small enough to use on the airplane.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use the air sense 10 on a plane. Just don't put water in the humidifier and turn the humidifier off.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I need humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kre8tiv1, You can fill the humidifier tub in the plane restroom but may end up spilling it in to the machine. I wouldn't do it.

I'd get use to the idea of no humidification while on the airplane. Of course you could just stay awake the whole time.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Would not use water from the plane, water stored in tanks and rarely cleaned, bottled water for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 0 9 5 minutes ago
Last Post: PinehillJoe
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 72 Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,889 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  csa machines cexer 1 124 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 740 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,217 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,591 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.