Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel CPAP - can I rent one?
Travel CPAP - can I rent one?
I need a company that rents the Z1 or Transcend machines. Does anyone have recommendations?

I am traveling internationally and the flights worry me. I know I can use the machine on my carrier and I have a outlet at my seat. I snore so loudly so I either 1) cannot sleep because of the noise (and force myself to stay awake which I dont think I can do for that amount of time) or 2) use a machine. I will need the smallest machine possible otherwise I will feel so self-conscious.

If this matters, I currently use a S9 and my pressure is 13. I never use my humidifier anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel CPAP - can I rent one?
I think you can order one on-line for a free 30 day trial. Keep it if you like it. Return it if you don't after your trip.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Im considering that. One company, cpapxchange is offering a free second battery with purchase now. Thats a 250 dollar value. They are also one of the least expensive at 1225 for a Z1 auto with battery!

Can anyone vouch for them or another company in particular, renatl or otherwise?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi davisesq212,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since you aren’t using your humidifier with your S9, that makes it quite a bit smaller and you could take it on your trip.
I have ordered from the supplier you mentioned in your post, (Supplier #18 here on the board,) and have had no trouble with them.
Good luck to you on your machine decision and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and have a nice trip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2016, 03:00 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi davisesq212,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since you aren’t using your humidifier with your S9, that makes it quite a bit smaller and you could take it on your trip.
I have ordered from the supplier you mentioned in your post, (Supplier #18 here on the board,) and have had no trouble with them.
Good luck to you on your machine decision and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and have a nice trip.

Thanks for the advice. I do think I want something even smaller than the S9 even without the humidifier (Z1 I can put on my lap comfortably) and not even worry about plugging in if my seat is changed/ I have no outlet. I am glad to hear u had success with the cpapxchange. Makes me feel a LOT better since that extra battery is a significant savings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2016, 11:56 AM)davisesq212 Wrote: I will need the smallest machine possible otherwise I will feel so self-conscious.

If I was going to feel self-conscious it would probably be over the mask hanging off my face. I've always felt that most women actually prefer a big machine.

Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2016, 05:58 PM)Dreams of Green Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 11:56 AM)davisesq212 Wrote: I will need the smallest machine possible otherwise I will feel so self-conscious.

If I was going to feel self-conscious it would probably be over the mask hanging off my face. I've always felt that most women actually prefer a big machine.

Dielaughing

The bigger the better BUT not in this travel scenario. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
With your pressure of 13, you can expect less than 6 hours on the Z1 battery....but that should be enough for a flight.
Actually, you should get the Q-Tube as well or you will sound like Darth Vader.
Post Reply Post Reply
And while you're at it, the air in the plane is dry so even if you don't use a humidifier at home you might need one on a plane. I have personally never used my Z1 while flying. It may be good insurance to pick up a couple of HME's as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,736 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,287 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 458 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 777 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,097 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.