Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel CPAP machines
Question 
Travel CPAP machines
I've been using a CPAP machine for about six months. I love it and never miss a night. I get such good sleep and feel SO much better during the day.

I'm wondering what those of you who use travel machines think of each model and recommend? I know many just use their regular machine when travelling, and I've done that as well. But I travel a lot for work and already bring a large amount of luggage compared to most people due to Type 1 diabetes and life-threatening food allergies and a severe visual impairment (so my luggage has insulin pump and other medical supplies, lots of food to cover most or all of the trip, and assistive technology in addition to all the regular stuff). I also use public transit to and from the airport and really only have one hand available to carry luggage since the other has to be free to use a white cane. The size and weight of the AirSense 10 has tipped my luggage over the edge in making it too bulky and heavy to manage easily.

The travel machines are quite expensive ($1,200-2,000 Canadian) but it seems like, if I only had to buy one in my lifetime to use while travelling or crashing at other people's homes, it might be worth it. If I had a battery, it would also provide a good backup during power outages or emergencies and the possibility of camping (which may be in my future).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,745 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,289 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 676 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 459 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.