Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel CPAP machines from HDM
Travel CPAP machines from HDM
Folks,

Has anyone used CPAP machines from HDM?

I need to replace my 10 year old Puritan Bennet machine, and these look interesting.

TIA,

Rog Smith
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel CPAP machines from HDM
You mean like the Z1?

Review:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ppointment
Discussions:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-The-HDM-Z1
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...DM-Z1-cpap

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. Would not think of it as a primary CPAP.

Would be good travel unit if they can get the sound under control. I found the Z-1 too noisy (noise coming up through the tube, into my sinuses and then into my inner ear. Noise form the outside of the machine I didn't notice so much. They are supposed to have a fix out about, oh, last month r the one before that. A muffler you put between the unit and your tube.

I bought one slightly used ~65 hours. Put about 30 on it while trying it out. Paid a little more than half the full retail price for it. Will probably put it on CL and move it out in a short timeframe.

I found factory NIB ResMed S-8 AutoSet IIs (supplier numero deux) that I think will be an ideal travel machine for me.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula,

I think I am a gonna wait for more (Hopefully positive) feedback...

Rog
Post Reply Post Reply
rfsmith48,

It's a great travel machine. If you are looking for the smallest, lightest, most packable machine out there then the Z1 and Z1 Auto are great. They are loud but most folks who use them don't have any issues falling asleep. As for your bed partner, it will drive them nuts.

HDM does have a noise fix due out very soon. I've been using it (the fix) since October and it makes the machine as quiet as my PRS1. I used the Z1 without the noise fix for over a year and the noise was not an issue...doesn't matter, it's fixed now.

What you are paying for is the extreme smallness of the machine. If you plan on using it as a main unit, of course you can but that premium cost will not be benefitting you.

I use mine more than my bedside unit because I'm on the road all the time. I would not trade my Z1 Auto for anything else.

At your pressure of 11, you will get about 10 hours or so out of a battery charge if you decide on the battery pack.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a good experience here. My Z1 auto shut down 12 of 24 nights, some nights up to three times. Return to vendor is underway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Swamp,
That must be a bad machine. I've never experienced that with either my Z1 or Z1 Auto and I have hundreds of nights on them. Sucks to have to go through the return process.

Are you giving up on it or getting a replacement?

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,673 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 672 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 457 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.