Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel Machine for 20cmH2O -- Need Suggestions
Travel Machine for 20cmH2O -- Need Suggestions
I seem to live a "high-pressure" life.
I was originally on bipap at 22/17cmH2O. I travel a lot and my doctor told me that there was no alternative to the PRS1. So, I lugged the PRS1 everywhere.
Now that my doc dropped me to 20/15cmH2O, I am looking for a smaller travel machine.
Can anybody suggest a travel bipap that goes up to 20cmH2O ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel Machine for 20cmH2O -- Need Suggestions
Unfortunately it seems that there's no "travel" BiPAP. All the manufactures only make full sized BiPAP machines, unlike CPAP's and APAP's where there is the Z1 and others that are "travel" sized. That being said, go on some of the CPAP online retailers and look at the stats. You may get slightly lighter and smaller with the newest generation machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about a used ResMed S9 VPAP S. If you can stand to be without humidity, then carry only the blower unit.
Actually for about the same price, the S9 VPAP auto can run S mode or auto and can run up to 25 pressure (in case you find you need >20 in the future.)

Supplier #2 (see supplier list, top of page,) may have some zero hour deals.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh. No travel Bipap. I was hoping that I had missed something.
I suppose that I could buy a second PRS1 and carry it around without the humidifier unit. Not an ideal solution, but possible.

Well, I will definitely talk to Supplier #2 about a Resmed S9.
What is the difference between VPAP and Bilevel?
Post Reply Post Reply
No difference. VPAP is just Resmed's trademarked name, just like BiPAP is Respironics'.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LoveToSleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and finding an extra machine for travel.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2015, 06:39 PM)ramblingasian Wrote: No difference. VPAP is just Resmed's trademarked name, just like BiPAP is Respironics'.

eggzactly. And the generic term is bilevel.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2015, 06:39 PM)ramblingasian Wrote: No difference. VPAP is just Resmed's trademarked name, just like BiPAP is Respironics'.

Thank you for the explanation. I didn't realize it was Coke or Pepsi.
Sleep well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious why you find the PRS1 BiPAP is a problem for travel. It basically means an upsize in luggage or carrying separately. Of course the humidifier separates with a simple pull on the release halving the size of the unit. The blower side is not much larger than most travel CPAPs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 09:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm curious why you find the PRS1 BiPAP is a problem for travel. It basically means an upsize in luggage or carrying separately. Of course the humidifier separates with a simple pull on the release halving the size of the unit. The blower side is not much larger than most travel CPAPs.

I've been traveling with the PRS1 and the humidifier and the power brick. All together, they are a pretty big and heavy.
Also, since I began PAP therapy a few months back, my life has been completely changed. It has been such a positive effect on my life that I want to make sure that I have a backup unit. Mechanical contraptions inevitably fail and I don't want to be without a unit while I wait for a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 674 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,734 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,287 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.