Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel Machine for 20cmH2O -- Need Suggestions
RE: Travel Machine for 20cmH2O -- Need Suggestions
(12-14-2015, 06:19 PM)LoveToSleep Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 09:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm curious why you find the PRS1 BiPAP is a problem for travel. It basically means an upsize in luggage or carrying separately. Of course the humidifier separates with a simple pull on the release halving the size of the unit. The blower side is not much larger than most travel CPAPs.

I've been traveling with the PRS1 and the humidifier and the power brick. All together, they are a pretty big and heavy.
Also, since I began PAP therapy a few months back, my life has been completely changed. It has been such a positive effect on my life that I want to make sure that I have a backup unit. Mechanical contraptions inevitably fail and I don't want to be without a unit while I wait for a replacement.

Good thinking. I have backup, and since I often travel by motorcycle, space is scarce, and power options limited. Airline travel is relatively easy, but the machines are a noticeable burden. The newest generation of Philips Respironics DreamMachines seem to be smaller from what I saw at the DME. The really small travel machines have an issue with noise and smoothness, even in CPAP, so it's not a surprise a bilevel machine needs a more powerful variable speed motor and consequent machine size to deal with the pressure change. Hopefully the future will bring a good solution. We've come a long way since the "early" machines of just 10-15 years ago.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel Machine for 20cmH2O -- Need Suggestions
(12-13-2015, 12:40 PM)justMongo Wrote: How about a used ResMed S9 VPAP S. If you can stand to be without humidity, then carry only the blower unit.
Actually for about the same price, the S9 VPAP auto can run S mode or auto and can run up to 25 pressure (in case you find you need >20 in the future.)

Supplier #2 (see supplier list, top of page,) may have some zero hour deals.

I travel all the time with a ResMed A10. With the tank inserted into the unit, it's quite a bit smaller than an S9 with separate humidifier. If you use the travel case, it's really bulky. I just put the assembled unit in my roll-aboard. I had to ditch my shaving kit to compensate. I put the non-liquid items in the inside pockets of the roll-aboard.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,673 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 304 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.