Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Travel Report
Just returned from a 12-day river cruise in Russia. The flights included going through airports in in our home city plus Seattle, Amsterdam, Moscow and St. Petersburg. This was my first CPAP trip abroad and I took my backup machine, a RemStar Pro M and left my ResMed S9 Autoset at home.

Traveling with the CPAP was no problem. It was obvious security people see a lot of machines as mine didn't get a second look except I had to open the case when we came BACK into the country in Seattle. And no one questioned me having the CPAP and a regular carry on bag.

The machine functioned perfectly on 220 volts -- all I needed was a plug adapter, the RemStar power supply automatically shifted to the higher voltage (almost every electrical appliance made today does).

Turned out I didn't have to use the humidifier at all as the humidity was pretty high throughout the trip (being on a boat). At home the humidifier is a must.

The 10-hour time difference causes some fairly serious jet lag but I felt the CPAP made it easier to sleep. In addition it made it easier to breath at night when I came down with a cold midway through the trip.

When I started CPAP in June I planned to leave it home for the trip because I thought taking it would be a hassle. But when the time came I decided I wouldn't be comfortable without it and, in fact, I think it actually made the trip more enjoyable.

Just thought some other newbys out there might get some info from my experience,

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
10-01-2013 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Travel Report
Good! Sounds like you had some fun, too.

I'm glad you didn't meet any security hassles. Was the routine the same? Take it out of the bag?

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-01-2013 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset Lanco 41 1,700 11-27-2016 05:11 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  What report from SleepyHead for FAA? gkainz 5 261 11-23-2016 09:50 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Travel CPAP holden4th 5 291 11-13-2016 03:06 PM
Last Post: bill-e
  Travel CPAP that will run on 12V - 2016 update? ;-) NCZzzz 11 1,402 11-12-2016 12:07 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation blueelement2016 4 255 11-09-2016 02:37 AM
Last Post: blueelement2016
  Looking for advice on new machine, good for travel - and adapting to life without PAP Hazel 8 479 11-08-2016 05:59 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Travel Sized CPAP Machine billkenney 11 1,452 09-28-2016 11:46 AM
Last Post: bill-e