Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel Sized CPAP Machine
I currently travel 2 weeks a month. I have a Resmed S9 and H5i humidifier. The machine takes up space and weight as I travel. I have tried just using the machine w/o the humidifier, but it's too dry.

I was wondering if someone could offer a suggestion for a travel sized machine?

Thanls
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel Sized CPAP Machine
Hi billkenney,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There is the Somnetics Transcend, The Transcend Mini, and the Human design Medical HDMZ1, they are travel machines. I have heard that they are a little noisier than the "slightly" larger ones, Of course, YMMV.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Helo, WELCOME! to the forum.!

I buy a Dreamstation for use in travel, Amazon $ 340.00, has now raised the price to $ 409.00.

Will travel without humidifier, maybe make a silencer, and change the power supply by a 80 W to 30 W for medical use, I want to travel light.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was wondering if anyone had travelled to the UK with their cpap (I have the Resmed Autosense 10) given that the voltage is different. What does one do about a different voltage?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

All the power Supply are 100 to 240 AC volts, in UK is 230 VAC,

What you need is an adapter to the English connection, it is tremendous and huge, very uncomfortable to use
Remember to take a small extension cable, old hotels in UK outlets usually have anywhere but on the headboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to the UK but to Ireland and Spain.

All you need is the plug adapter for each country. I picked up mine at the airport, ~$20 for the two. Machine takes care of everything else.

My experience is CPAPs are not as common over there, so expect more curious questions. Data is also not transmitted while you are there. I was travelling for three weeks and started getting many emails from my carer as to whether I was still using machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2016, 03:15 AM)billkenney Wrote: I currently travel 2 weeks a month. I have a Resmed S9 and H5i humidifier. The machine takes up space and weight as I travel. I have tried just using the machine w/o the humidifier, but it's too dry.

I was wondering if someone could offer a suggestion for a travel sized machine?

Thanls
Bill, I travel by air 3-4 times a months. I use the Z1 Auto (and previously the Z1). It is very small and light. Search my username for info on it or PM me with your questions.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill,

I travel 80% of the time and could not deal with the large ResMed Auto I have at home. I purchased the HDM Z1 Auto and can use it worldwide (multi voltage power supply included). It is FAA approved to use in flight. It has an optional battery pack (about 8 hours) with a strap to hang around your neck when your on plane.

Some complain that it is noisy but my wife can tell you she would prefer to hear it than me. Smile My son has an older ResMed unit and mine in much quieter. It is about the size of a soda can. There is an optional HME Humidification unit the is consumable that fits in line of the hose. I find I really don't need it.

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
I had previously read there were problems with the HDM Z1 do have and info on that concern
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2016, 08:27 AM)0rangebear Wrote: I had previously read there were problems with the HDM Z1 do have and info on that concern
What was your concern? I've been using the machines, more than my bedside PRS1 for years.

There are no "problems" but there are attributes of the mini machines, both Z1 and Transend, that take some getting used to. I find the Z1 Auto every bit as comfortable to use as my PRS1.

The main complaint is noise, which both brand of machines generate because they have to use a small high speed blower to create the pressure. This creates more hose and air noise than the larger slower turning blowers in the bedside units. HDM released a "muffler" called the Q-Tube which makes the Z1 as quiet as my PRS1.

The faster moving air also feels a little different when you first try it and I always recommend using it at home for a few days to get used to it but most people will get comfortable with it after only a few nights. Some people who are sensitive sleepers wont.

In my experience the HDM machines work well and are very durable. I would not travel with anything else.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 307 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 626 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,736 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.