Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Beginner
RE: Beginner
Hi
Try not to worry about the sleep test, and look at it as the first steps to a happier and healthier life.

I had one about three weeks ago, and to be honest I would say it's one of the best moves I made, as its allowed me to finally figure out why I wake up with a headache every day, why I couldn't concentrate etc. I have started on therapy and it's made me feel so much more energetic, and gives me far more clarity in my daily life.

One of my favorite sayings is that 'nothing worth having, ever came easily' and the journey into sleep therapy and CPAP, may be tough but the rewards are amazing.

I'm sure you'll benefit enormously and like me you'll wish you had it done years earlier.

Good luck and look for the positives, coz they are there.

Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well said, Eurika.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2014, 12:03 PM)Hornnumb2 Wrote: I am about to do a sleep study and I am a little freaked out about it. I normally sleep on my side or front, which with a mask I can see that my side will be the only option. I have never been able to sleep on my back, I hope that is not a deal breaker. I talked to a friend that just had it done and she said she felt like she was drowning. Any suggestions before I do this, Kinda freaked me out enough to back out. Michael

It seems to me that I remember that there are a couple of people on the forum that mask up every night and sleep prone, so do not despair prematurely.

I will not go to bed without my dream machine but I still have occasional problems that crop up even after I think that I have it completely dialed in.

Stay positive and push for improvement.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Another CPAP beginner seeking guidance. sebirez 31 2,262 08-28-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: sebirez
  Beginner in self treatment seeking advice sleepysloth 8 712 08-07-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question Beginner and newcomer introduces himself Phil the ... 3 469 04-14-2023, 07:05 AM
Last Post: stanleyjack
  Beginner here. Is it RERAs problem? acerlogic 0 465 04-07-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: acerlogic
  Am I getting the right cpap backup battery? Beginner here ttrani01 12 1,369 03-22-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: enjoysleep59
  Beginner at CPAP therapy with questions sleepy742 5 914 08-25-2022, 10:05 AM
Last Post: sunsaffron

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.