Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel c/apap with most obtainable data.
Travel c/apap with most obtainable data.
Hello All,
    What a good website!  I have recently purchased the Resmed AirMini. I have a week or two left to return it if I am unsatisfied.
The size is great, especially when I travel a lot. I can live without the humidifier; in fact I don't notice a difference between
the Airmini and the big machine and that blasted water tank.
    I am frustrated with the availability of data though. I live three hours from my capital city where I bought the machine. The local 
dealer seems to believe that there is something mystical about the machine that only he, the druid, can interpret.
   I have asked  the supplier to forward the data. I have  set the machine on different cm/h2o for four nights, (short I know but will resurvey longer later)and am doing the same, from 11,  with the EPR turned off except for ramp. With EPR off I am having less blockages, so infer that 
some of my blockages are on exhale. Correct me if I am wrong, and I do realise this could be a grey area.
    To get this machine perfectly set for me, though, I would like to be able to read the same data I was shown in my trial, cheyenne -stokes, central etc..
   It seems this is hard to get with Resmed. 
MY QUESTION,
    Is there a travel machine as good as the AirMini that can give me that data without having to talk to someone 3 hours away?
I hope someone can help.
Scarper, 
(who is really a west highland terrier)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel c/apap with most obtainable data.
The Respironics Go gives the same data as the Dreamstation, except on a micro SD card instead of a standard SD card.

That's assuming you don't rely on ResMed's EPR as a baby bi-level...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for such a prompt reply. I am also trying to work out that if most of my events are early, whether I am best on automatic. I will give it a week or two on each setting and just keep bothering the supplier. Incidentally the supplier does not mind emailing the information, but is also at a loss why Resmed restricts its access.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Dreamstation Go for travel.  It works as well as my regular Dreamstaion.

I transfer data to Dreammapper on a regular basis and the information is consistent.

In addition the unit has a micro SD slot and I can transfer the data to Sleepyhead along with data from my Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I reckon Resmed downloads the data via the phone app and you have to be a Resmed agent to get it back
Hence the magical position of your supplier.
Plenty need the data for aviation or other medical reviews etc and Resmed assured me it was available (with small cost)
You get some basic info on app when it connects, score out of 100
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a DreamStation Go travel auto CPAP. Can use it on straight CPAP or Auto CPAP. Gives full data which can be easily imported into SleepyHead. I bought this one due to the full data ability and the ability to use any mask unlike the ResMed AirMini which does not and also is very restricted in which mask can be used.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the information. I can get the more detailed information from the supplier. I ring them and they email it to me. “Seems ridiculous” I said. “Quite agree” said the supplier as he pressed send. I will probably have to live with it. I did go into Resmed site and registered as a supplier, then tried to get the applications to send the info to myself. 
Infortunately Resmed were too smart for me!
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven’t looked too far into this, but isn’t there some kind of HIPPA rule against this extra step? What happens if you have a different brand device as your home unit? Would the DME still be able to access it?

A lot of us seem to have ResMed at home and Respironics for travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
HIPAA rules are probably similar to our Aust ones. I would think I should be able to access my own files more  easily though. Resmed do seem to have this thing sown  up in that their sales teams masquerade as clinicians and put some mystique into just changing the settings on a machine.
Respironics for travel? Is it better or is that just because of the mask limitation?
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is arriving on Friday so I'll tell you then Smile. From what I've read and seen on youtube, they're both good machines! Went with the Go as it has the same motor as used in the full-sized Dreamstation, lower noise (I think?), and can be used with any mask. In a pinch, it can be a daily driver in case you need a backup. Also liked that the battery and power connects elegantly without a mess of wires and proprietary connectors, which can be a hassle when transferring from location to location.

The fact that it can be used with SleepyHead sealed the deal for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,673 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 561 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,411 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.