Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Third night Sleepyhead data
Third night Sleepyhead data
This is data from my third night with APAP. I'd love to hear some thoughts about how this looks.

[Image: screenshot-20150406-122316.png]

[Image: screenshot-20150406-122836.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Third night Sleepyhead data
You have some fairly significant OA cluster that occur without flow limitations FL or snores VS that are usually precursors and cause the machine to increase pressure. This could be associated with sleeping on your back or REM sleep.

I think I would increase minimum pressure to 10..0 or 11.0 and not change anything else. It might be that the machine will not move up as high, and you might head off some of those events. Overall your therapy looks good except for those two clusters. How do you feel?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In a word, I feel FANTASTIC. While I am still adjusting to being hooked up to a machine, I can't believe how much more alert I feel during the day. APAP therapy has made me realize how in denial I was about how tired I felt.

I am wondering if the OSA events have to do with my waking up. I am still waking up during the night because I am not used to the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider in upping your minimum pressure to around 11.0. This will put you closer to your normal therapy pressure and your body will be better adjusted to the increased pressure.

Your title is "3rd night Sleepyhead data". Is this the 3rd night of using the CPAP or just analyzing its data?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2015, 12:04 PM)sgearhart Wrote: Your title is "3rd night Sleepyhead data". Is this the 3rd night of using the CPAP or just analyzing its data?

Third night using the APAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
I upped the minimum pressure to 11 and saw an improvement in AHI.

[Image: screenshot-20150407-080030.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully you also felt a bit better. We don't want to go crazy twisting the dial, so let this settle in for a while and see how it averages out. If it's an improvement, then you can start making more conservative moves to further suppress OA and H. All the events still show obstructive apnea characteristics, but you have broken up the longer clusters likely to result in desaturations. The big pressure moves are being driven by VS, and you have relatively little FL in your events. The low RERA hopefully means you're sleeping better. I have often felt a low RERA and FL can have as much effect on restfulness as OA and H.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that feedback. It's a great help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2015, 11:45 AM)VTSleeper Wrote: I am wondering if the OSA events have to do with my waking up. I am still waking up during the night because I am not used to the machine.

That has about as much to do with your body not being used to getting great sleep as it has to do with you not being used to the machine.

Over time, perhaps a day or so, perhaps a month or so.... you'll find you are sleeping in bigger chunks.

It's still kind of nice to wake up once in the night and take a little break. That keeps us from having to race the dogs and cats to the bathroom each morning.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  My first full night of OSCAR data. How am I looking? frigid 6 789 08-18-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: frigid
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  [Diagnosis] Last Night's Data arkona12 0 294 07-31-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: arkona12
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Record full night of SpO2 data from smartwatches ? BillSteamshovel 4 583 06-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.