Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel to Australia with Apap.
RE: Travel to Australia with Apap.
I just made my first international trip with my APAP. I took it as a carry on, with a medical devise tag attached to the bag. I had to remove the power/motor component from the bag for screening, just like a laptop, but had absolutely no issues with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just came back from my trip. Carrying the cpap through was a real non-event! The person moving the handcarry through the x-ray machine just asked what was inside. Didn't even bother to open it up. Got to see xrays of the device Big Grin Quite cool actually.

lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2016, 02:57 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Busselton in December can be quite hot (35C and above). On occasion it gets very hot. It's a coastal location so can get humid, but not excessively so. It's certainly not tropical humid - I would suggest you bring the humidifier. I'd keep the machine with me as hand luggage, mainly so it doesn't get damaged or go astray. If you're travelling on a low cost carrier you might want to double-check their rules first - they are not necessarily the same as apply in the United States. I don't think you'd have any problems with customs clearance.

You were right about it being hot. Not a cloud in sight and was 42C 3 days ago!

Btw, you guys have a beautiful country and the food was just glorious.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2016, 11:22 PM)Newbee2016 Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 02:57 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Busselton in December can be quite hot (35C and above). On occasion it gets very hot. It's a coastal location so can get humid, but not excessively so. It's certainly not tropical humid - I would suggest you bring the humidifier. I'd keep the machine with me as hand luggage, mainly so it doesn't get damaged or go astray. If you're travelling on a low cost carrier you might want to double-check their rules first - they are not necessarily the same as apply in the United States. I don't think you'd have any problems with customs clearance.

You were right about it being hot. Not a cloud in sight and was 42C 3 days ago!

Btw, you guys have a beautiful country and the food was just glorious.

We call it Godzone (a homonym). Glad you enjoyed it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you enjoyed the trip! Yes - that was a pretty nasty day, but luckily it's cooled down again. If you have a choice, it's usually better to come in autumn or spring - the wildflowers are especially good around September.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 10 145 48 minutes ago
Last Post: labrat
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 85 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,220 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 143 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 222 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,903 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.