Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Traveling to UK with cpap
Traveling to UK with cpap
Does anyone have any good advice on what to do if traveling to a different voltage? I have the Resmed Auto sense 10 for her and will be traveling to the UK soon. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Traveling to UK with cpap
have you talked with your DME about this?

If they are unresponsive, search for ResMed corporate (I'm pretty sure they are in San Diego, Ca.), call them and ask the technical support dept.

I'm sure they'll set you straight.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
you only need an inexpensive adapter plug for the UK. The machine power supply accepts 220v.

AC Input Range - 90W Power Supply: 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz, 1.0 - 1.5A, Class II

Post Reply Post Reply
The UK plug looks like this: (below)
You just need an adapter from the US plug to the UK plug. They're available at most places like Radio Shack.
And, most UK outlets have a switch at the plug -- be sure to switch on the outlet.
Now, if you go to continental Europe, you'll need a different adapter.

[Image: BritishPlugforWikipedia.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi somnia16,
I hope you have a nice trip to the UK.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all! Yes, those Uk plugs are v. clunky compared to the American ones!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2016, 03:09 PM)somnia16 Wrote: Yes, those Uk plugs are v. clunky compared to the American ones!

I believe the UK plugs have a fuse built in, which accounts for some of the bulk.

Enjoy your trip!
Post Reply Post Reply
Shops in many airports sell a Travel Kit which include adaptors for most countries, so you can buy them all in one hit.

#6 Yes they are clunky compared to US and continental plugs, won't bore you with all the history, but much of it is down to the fact that in the early days us primitives used high current devices, electric kettles and fires, and the design of our domestic electrical systems.

Yes, they do have a built in fuse.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  traveling from sea level to SLC eok361 2 58 Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 589 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,663 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Traveling - use AIRSENSE with RESMED N30 nasal mask - forgot vented elbow!! new2paphopeful 0 655 06-25-2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: new2paphopeful
  [Equipment] Traveling to low or high altitudes? Laura1520 5 688 08-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  traveling, don't want to use humidifier Palmtrees 8 1,324 02-10-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: booksfan
Question Traveling. Get off CPAP? intershift 8 1,420 02-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.