Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Traveling with CPAP (Transcend)
Traveling with CPAP (Transcend)
I have an Everset 3 system which needs replacing but is no longer on the market. I am considering the Transcend II Ultimate Travel CPAP as it seems ideal for my frequent travel. If anyone has this machine I would appreciate your advice on whether to purchase it or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Traveling with CPAP
Kaixin, I moved your thread to here where it can get the attention it deserves.

I also changed the subject line slightly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Traveling with CPAP (Transcend)
The Transcend is a cute little machine. I recently did some investigating myself as to if this machine would be easier for me while traveling. It's size would mean it would take up less space in carry on bags, something I definitely would like to decrease! Another advantage (and probably the most important) to the Transcend is it's small size when used in a cramped space such as an airplane or train and while camping. Since my snoring would have the other passengers boot me from the plane somewhere over the Atlantic, I would have to use the CPAP while on overseas flights travel. I don't anticipate me flying overseas in the foreseeable future and I'm so over the "sleep on the ground" type of camping.

My main goal was to cut down on the baggage size while traveling by plane. I have other conditions that result in me having a lot of gear to take with me whenever I travel. Some of it I can put in the checked baggage but the more expensive/delicate items come on board with me. The idea of cutting down on the bulk of it was very interesting to me!

However, I concluded it was not worth the price. For about the same amount, I can get a used or open box machine from Supplier #2. We are still considering getting another used Autoset for me to use while traveling. If something happened to it, I would have the better one at home to return to. Should I start traveling more again, my current thinking is to go the second Autoset route and leave the humidifier half at home. Nasal rinses and nasal gel would help with any dryness I may have. The space in the CPAP bag could be used for other medical items.

But that is my opinion formed from my own viewpoint.

There's some reviews here for you to read.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...scend-CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Traveling with CPAP (Transcend)
Hi Kiaxin,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Paula said.
Best of luck finding a travel machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 71 7 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,671 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 955 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Resmed Airmini vs Transcend Micro? ShipwreckSiren 0 940 11-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ShipwreckSiren
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 552 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3? nathanoj 0 350 06-13-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: nathanoj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.