Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: also use a Comfort Gel Full Mask by Respironics

Sex: Female

RE: Traveling with CPAP
When I've stayed in hotels I've never had problem placing the cpap machine on the nightstand next to the bed. I didn't think about putting a towel underneath it to stop whatever smells from the cleaning solutions from creeping into my system. I'll do that the next time.

I prefer my hose to hang above my head but don't have special equipment for it. Instead at home and at hotels I use a large binder clip with a small rope (such as a shoe lace). A large binder clip can usually attach to the headboard or to the frame of the picture above it. I tie the rope around one of the silver handles and leave a huge loop for the hose to be able to move through freely. It's not an elegant design, but it works fine for me and is easy to keep in my cpap bag.

Binder clip
04-20-2013 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

iSnooze, I use exactly the same method, I bought a metal ring for 80c that goes through the clip part and put the hose through it.
04-20-2013 04:50 PM
ibfestus Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar plus
Mask Make & Model: Phillips/Respironics True Blue
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

I would recommend anyone travelling with a CPAP should keep a 12V adaptor or an inverter just in case of a power outage. A few years ago I was caught in an ice storm and trapped in a motel for 2 nights with no electricity. It was a harrowing experience and after that I always carried a alternate power supply with me. Easy to do if you are traveling by car, not so easy if you fly.
Thinking-about
04-21-2013 01:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(04-21-2013 01:39 PM)ibfestus Wrote:  I would recommend anyone travelling with a CPAP should keep a 12V adaptor or an inverter just in case of a power outage.

That's a good tip for at home, too. You never know when there could be an extended outage due to a storm.

I presume you plan on using your car battery when stuck in a hotel, unless you carry your own battery. If so, it's a good idea to carry the wrench or pliers you'll need to remove the battery. Keeping a pair of jumper cables in your trunk is a good idea, too, in case you run the battery down. As long as you've got gas in your car you charge the battery, once you get the car started. You could also use a solar charger.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-21-2013 03:41 PM
ibfestus Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar plus
Mask Make & Model: Phillips/Respironics True Blue
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Actually, before I retired I did keep a big deep cycle battery in the trunk. Now I have a complete hard wired, propane powered, generator at home plus a substantial UPS system that I got from a huge computer system that was "retired" at about the same time I did. Another solution is to use one of those little jump start power supplies but they are not very reliable and might not last more than a few hours.

I hope this helps somebody.
04-21-2013 04:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Traveling to UK with cpap somnia16 7 350 08-13-2016 09:05 AM
Last Post: Phill
  [News] Traveling with CPAP - advice from a long-haul truck driver ApneaNews 1 460 08-02-2016 05:16 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Traveling with CPAP/Bi-PAP 4GadgetMan 18 1,665 11-29-2015 12:13 AM
Last Post: quip
  Newbie traveling with CPAP in airport for 1st time quip 38 5,078 11-01-2015 09:02 AM
Last Post: 49er
  Traveling to Dubai next month, do I just need a type G adapter? mrkdilkington 5 697 10-27-2015 10:33 AM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  [Equipment] Traveling both in US and Overseas Questions Bimrin 9 1,808 06-27-2015 07:13 PM
Last Post: joabo
  Traveling with CPAP thefer 43 5,669 06-07-2015 06:46 PM
Last Post: WSHenry