Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Traveling with CPAP
Traveling with CPAP
We are leaving for a ten day vacation by car soon. New part of the trip list is CPAP stuff. What is missing?

1. CPAP, humidifier and power adapter (I can see us leaving the adapter under the bed so this list is good);
2. Nose masks and headgear (we have two sets);
3. Distilled water;
4. Baby shampoo;
5. Extra hose just in case; and
6. Extra filter.

Any other tips for hotel rooms etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Traveling with CPAP
SPOUSE, a well organised list, maybe a extension lead for the AC Adapter, last time I travelled I found the power outlet was at the opposite end of the bed so I had to turn the bed around to reach it. Not sure if you use a hoselift to have your hose above your head. Have a good trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SPOUSE,
Your list sounds good to me, hang in there for more responses to your post.
Have a great trip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2013, 06:56 PM)Tez62 Wrote: SPOUSE, a well organised list, maybe a extension lead for the AC Adapter, last time I travelled I found the power outlet was at the opposite end of the bed so I had to turn the bed around to reach it. Not sure if you use a hoselift to have your hose above your head. Have a good trip.

I agree. It would be prudent to include an extension cord or an outlet strip. GoodOne
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both great ideas. Thank you!

(04-16-2013, 06:56 PM)Tez62 Wrote: SPOUSE, a well organised list, maybe a extension lead for the AC Adapter, last time I travelled I found the power outlet was at the opposite end of the bed so I had to turn the bed around to reach it. Not sure if you use a hoselift to have your hose above your head. Have a good trip.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, an outlet strip should be on the list, of course! Could use that for phone and camera adapters as well. Thank you!

(04-16-2013, 07:36 PM)cbramsey Wrote:

I agree. It would be prudent to include an extension cord or an outlet strip. GoodOne

Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the power strip has surge protection. These machines are very expensive and need to be protected.

Always use one at home too!

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2013, 06:49 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: We are leaving for a ten day vacation by car soon. New part of the trip list is CPAP stuff. What is missing?

1. CPAP, humidifier and power adapter (I can see us leaving the adapter under the bed so this list is good);
2. Nose masks and headgear (we have two sets);
3. Distilled water;
4. Baby shampoo;
5. Extra hose just in case; and
6. Extra filter.

Any other tips for hotel rooms etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I also purchased a small,collapsable stand (step stool) that I use to keep my machine up off the floor.
Have a safe and happy trip!
Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like everything is well covered.

I might suggest that when you get to your overnight room each night (hotel/motel or wherever) that you try to place the CPAP up off the floor. A chair works well, or on your luggage. And place a clean towel under the CPAP. Housekeepers are constantly spraying all kinds of deodorants, cleaners, etc on the carpets and chairs. Plus, no telling how many dogs have laid beside the bed to sleep or do whatever else they needed to do. The towel will help mask some of the cleaning smells. It probably won't harm you to breath the stuff, but the smell in the CPAP air thats directed into your nose sure gets bad sometimes.

Enjoy your vacation..
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, we stayed in a hotel last night and then saw this. Great suggestion. Plenty of stores around where we might find a fold up table. Used luggage last night but it did not seem very stable. Thank you!

(04-19-2013, 07:57 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Looks like everything is well covered.

I might suggest that when you get to your overnight room each night (hotel/motel or wherever) that you try to place the CPAP up off the floor. A chair works well, or on your luggage. And place a clean towel under the CPAP. Housekeepers are constantly spraying all kinds of deodorants, cleaners, etc on the carpets and chairs. Plus, no telling how many dogs have laid beside the bed to sleep or do whatever else they needed to do. The towel will help mask some of the cleaning smells. It probably won't harm you to breath the stuff, but the smell in the CPAP air thats directed into your nose sure gets bad sometimes.

Enjoy your vacation..

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 552 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,627 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Traveling - use AIRSENSE with RESMED N30 nasal mask - forgot vented elbow!! new2paphopeful 0 640 06-25-2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: new2paphopeful
  [Equipment] Traveling to low or high altitudes? Laura1520 5 680 08-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  traveling, don't want to use humidifier Palmtrees 8 1,298 02-10-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: booksfan
Question Traveling. Get off CPAP? intershift 8 1,389 02-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  help selecting a traveling APAP machine harmonicamoon 5 1,325 06-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Last Post: harmonicamoon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.