Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Traveling with ResMed Airsense 10 Power Supply
Question 
Traveling with ResMed Airsense 10 Power Supply
Hello everybody,

I have received my brand new ResMed Airsense 10 Auto, with a power supply made for North America. The power cord has two symmetrical prongs with 7A / 125 V.

For work reasons I sometimes visit other countries, especially Europe, where the regular power tension is 220V.

Should I get a new power unit for the APAP, or can I just change the power cord (that is, the piece that attaches to the power unit and a wall socket)?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Traveling with ResMed Airsense 10 Power Supply
The power adapter is dual voltage and will work fine for 110v or 240v all you need is suitable adapter to convert the North American connector to the appropriate power connector no power transformation needed so they are only a few dollars either in the airport or from amazon. When travelling I use an extension lead with two power shockers on it plug the appropriate adapter on one end as in some hotels the power is far away from the bed I can then plug my phone in to charge and my machine. The extension lead fits in my cpap bag with no issue. I am in The UK and travel the other way but it’s both the same as I imported one of my resmed autosets from the US no need for a specific power cord as the plug changes depending where in Europe you go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2019, 01:26 AM)DrAHI Wrote: Hello everybody,

I have received my brand new ResMed Airsense 10 Auto, with a power supply made for North America. The power cord has two symmetrical prongs with 7A / 125 V.

For work reasons I sometimes visit other countries, especially Europe, where the regular power tension is 220V.

Should I get a new power unit for the APAP, or can I just change the power cord (that is, the piece that attaches to the power unit and a wall socket)?

Thank you!

According to ResMed, their power supply accepts "World Wide Input Voltage 100-240VAC 50/60Hz OVP, OCP, SCP Protection (OVP: Over Voltage output Protection. OCP: Over Current output Protection." I also know it accepts 400-Hz 110 aircraft voltage. Therefore you would need an adapter plug from the American standard 110 AC plug to the unique plug at your destination. Always confirm the power specifications on your power supply. Just make sure that your destination power is not DC (rare). 

90W power supply unit

AC input range:

100–240V, 50–60Hz 1.0–1.5A, Class II 115V, 400Hz 1.5A, Class II (nominal for aircraft use)

DC output:

24V 3.75A

Typical power consumption:

53W (57VA)

Peak power consumption:
104W (108VA)
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, you can get the adapter at any luggage store, general goods store (walmart, kmart, best buy), etc.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
...and with a probability of approx. 96%, the commercial lodging at which you will stay will be able to provide their intrepid guests from afar with adapters of all kinds.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there. 

I just received my ResMed Autosense 10 too and will be traveling to Southeast Asia in a few weeks. The DME said all I needed was the converter plug. I have a 7 in one from Amazon that also has USB ports for charging my phone. I did also buy the matching battery pack in case the plug at my seat on the plane isn't working. But I also have a 17.5 hour flight. 

Best,

Darci
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2019, 01:51 PM)DarciWantsToSleep Wrote: Hi there. 

I just received my ResMed Autosense 10 too and will be traveling to Southeast Asia in a few weeks. The DME said all I needed was the converter plug. I have a 7 in one from Amazon that also has USB ports for charging my phone. I did also buy the matching battery pack in case the plug at my seat on the plane isn't working. But I also have a 17.5 hour flight. 

Best,

Darci

Beware of the multi adapters. They can expose you to live current.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOTiQKkQMo
Post Reply Post Reply
Beware of the multi adapters. They can expose you to live current.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOTiQKkQMo

Many thanks for the safety video ... and unexpectedly, the video author who has a number of interesting and technical videos.  -- steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
If you know the outlet standard where you're going, why not just pick up an extra power input cord for the machine to use in place of the US-style cord?  

Search for something like "C7 Euro power cord" and it might give you some other options.  

Having used adapters in the past while living in South Africa for a couple of years, I much prefer the option of swapping power input cords when possible.

Anyway, just something to think about.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2019, 08:41 AM)Hamguy515 Wrote: If you know the outlet standard where you're going, why not just pick up an extra power input cord for the machine to use in place of the US-style cord?  

Search for something like "C7 Euro power cord" and it might give you some other options.  

Having used adapters in the past while living in South Africa for a couple of years, I much prefer the option of swapping power input cords when possible.

Anyway, just something to think about.

For me it depends on the duration. For a week or two just use the correct plug adapter beyond that eg on my us imported machine that I use in the UK full time change the cable
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 474 3 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,828 9 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,622 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,810 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.