Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travelling 3 night - ResMed S9 Elite did not collect data
Travelling 3 night - ResMed S9 Elite did not collect data
I was traveling one night out of town. Took my ResMed S9 Elite and used it. Now home and reading the SD card in ResScan It appears to have collected no detaied data fro that night--there are NO detailed charts, but summary data is shown. The SD card was in the machine, but I forgot to plug in the "transmitter unit" (whatever that thing with the antenna is called).

Would that have caused it to not record the detailed data? And why? Seems strange to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travelling 3 night - ResMed S9 Elite did not collect data
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Have chosen 'all available data' otherwise you don,t get detailed data
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am aware of that setting. I have had ResScan set to "All available data" since starting to use it.

Just opened it again to check--and yes, that is how it is set.

Also, just checked the "Sleep Quality" setting (which causes detailed data to be recorded) is still on. It is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually when detailed data is not displayed, indicate detailed data was not selected to be downloaded

Did also 'Statistics' (device settings, usage, AHI & AI, leak) displayed as well as 'Summary graphs'

Okay lets recap: 'Sleep Quality' set to 'ON', SD card was in the machine, 'all available data' was selected ... aliens cannot be ruled out at this stage

I would also try download one more time and choose 'overwrite' this time and see what happens
Post Reply Post Reply
Statistics tab displays info
Summary graphs displays data
Detailed graphs>Load... shows completely blank for all parameters.

"Okay lets recap: 'Sleep Quality' set to 'ON', SD card was in the machine, 'all available data' was selected ... aliens cannot be ruled out at this stage"

Agree with all of those.

"I would also try download one more time and choose 'overwrite' this time and see what happens "

I did do the download again, but I WILL NOT select 'overwrite' EVER AGAIN--as it previously caused me serious grief (there is a thread containing it somewhere). You see, I discovered, too late, that the ResScan deletes flow data from all days except the last week. So, when you select 'overwrite', you write all those days with no flow data into your ResScan database--erasing the flow data you formerly had.

Fortunately, I have a online backup that saved my kiester...

Cloud online backup--multiple computers allowed. Sign up
[link to IDrive website removed]

They hold old versions of files, and although I had to restore them one by one to get the old versions (that had the flow data in them), I did get them back. And I will never intentionally overwrite them again.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 05:11 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Also, just checked the "Sleep Quality" setting (which causes detailed data to be recorded) is still on. It is.

sleep quality does not affect the data recorded, only what is displayed when you hit the 'i' button.

you can still get full details in the extended report by holding down i and the setup button, no matter what the setting of sleep quality is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 08:10 PM)diamaunt Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 05:11 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Also, just checked the "Sleep Quality" setting (which causes detailed data to be recorded) is still on. It is.
sleep quality does not affect the data recorded, only what is displayed when you hit the 'i' button. you can still get full details in the extended report by holding down i and the setup button, no matter what the setting of sleep quality is.

Oh, thanks, I misunderstood that.
So, end result is that the S9 should have recorded all the data and either it didn't, or the transfer into ResScan somehow glitched.

I think it was not recorded--as subsequent tries still did not bring it in.

Back to question from before--is it possible that not having the "transmitter" gadget plugged into the back caused it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 07:59 PM)jcarerra Wrote: I did do the download again, but I WILL NOT select 'overwrite' EVER AGAIN--as it previously caused me serious grief (there is a thread containing it somewhere). You see, I discovered, too late, that the ResScan deletes flow data from all days except the last week. So, when you select 'overwrite', you write all those days with no flow data into your ResScan database--erasing the flow data you formerly had.
I've downloaded my data and selected 'overwrite' and everything seem fine and nothing is lost
I did that first before telling you to select 'overwrite', i have no intention telling you something can do harm

I,m using ResScan Version 4.2

Edit: tried few more times, selecting discard option and other times selecting overwrite option
I cannot tell the difference but I don,t download often enough to gather all the flow data. SD card only stores 7 days of flow data, 30 days of detailed data and up to 365 days of compliance/therapy data

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 08:10 PM)diamaunt Wrote:

sleep quality does not affect the data recorded, only what is displayed when you hit the 'i' button.

you can still get full details in the extended report by holding down i and the setup button, no matter what the setting of sleep quality is.
I've responded to you in the other thread just a bit earlier and told you source of the information
Could you please supply your source, does seem contradict everything what I,m saying Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
zonk, I am a 3 week newbie in this, so am not an expert at all--but have really tried to absorb as much as I can.

As for the overwrite issue, I will not try to state anything other than describe what happened to me.

Briefly,
opened it one day and selected an earlier day to look at, and there was no flow data.
I knew it had been there before.
Clicking around, I found that ALL old days were missing the flow data.
Questions on forum led to someone saying that the S9 keeps only one week of flow data on the SD, and so that, when I selected overwrite (when downloading from SD into memory) and 'save changes' at the end, it wrote the "new, downloaded" data (now missing the flow) into the ResScan patient file--erasing flow data that might have been there for days older than one week.

Further, after I restored the larger files from my backup for the earlier days, the flow data was back visible. And since I have used the steps:
--Discard instead of overwrite when downloading
and
--Yes, save changes at the file closeout
...I have not lost any flow data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,073 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.