Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travelling 3 night - ResMed S9 Elite did not collect data
RE: Travelling 3 night - ResMed S9 Elite did not collect data
(06-26-2014, 08:33 PM)zonk Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 08:10 PM)diamaunt Wrote: sleep quality does not affect the data recorded, only what is displayed when you hit the 'i' button.

you can still get full details in the extended report by holding down i and the setup button, no matter what the setting of sleep quality is.
I've responded to you in the other thread just a bit earlier and told you source of the information
Could you please supply your source, does seem contradict everything what I,m saying Coffee

well, it's documented that way in the clinician manual as what it's effect is.

plus, I've tested it on my machine, full data was recorded no matter what setting the 'sleep quality' setting was set to, the extended sleep report was available no matter what it's setting, the only difference was the 'i' screen, as documented in the clinician manual.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 09:08 PM)jcarerra Wrote: As for the overwrite issue, I will not try to state anything other than describe what happened to me.
I edited my post few minutes before you, you would not see the edit if you don,t click on 'review post' button before clicking on 'post reply' button

I believe you,re correct about the flow data and select discard , I was wrong in mentioning it

As for the transmitter at the back of the machine, more likely is a modem transmitting data to your DME
If the transmitter can cause detailed data to disappear, I don,t know

Have you tried SleepyHead to see whether detailed data is actually on the card (sometimes the card goes inside the card slot but not pushed all the way until clicks in place)
SH will show no data for that night if there is no detailed data on the card but should be okay for other nights where there is detailed data

You don,t need overwrite/discard or save data using SH, just import data

Post Reply Post Reply
OK

No, my life is crazy busy right now, so I have not gotten into Sleepyhead yet.

I am pretty sure the SD was into the slot since the summary and statistics were pulled off the card. I just downloaded last night's data, back home after the one night trip, and the detailed graphs did import--so I have no clue what happened that one night on travel when it disappeared; the only technical difference was that the "transmitter" was not installed.

I may try an experiment some night and take it out intentionally here at home to see if next day's detailed data goes missing.

Or it may be aliens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2014, 07:07 AM)jcarerra Wrote: Or it may be aliens.

or, to take a page from the old Sun Microsystems excuse book:

"Cosmic ray bit flip"

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 07:59 PM)jcarerra Wrote: ...I did do the download again, but I WILL NOT select 'overwrite' EVER AGAIN--as it previously caused me serious grief (there is a thread containing it somewhere). You see, I discovered, too late, that the ResScan [<<<<CORRECTION: the machine, not ResScan] deletes flow data from all days except the last week. So, when you select 'overwrite', you write all those days with no flow data into your ResScan database--erasing the flow data you formerly had.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 243 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,074 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.