Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

first stats thursday nite
RE: first stats thursday nite
Ambien

My numbers  are ok. But i still don't feel rested. I took ambien (generic) and my numbers
were really excellent. Additionally i felt a surge of energy. I last thru the day and do not need a nap with ambien
still tire 9-10pm but feel much better with the ambien. My doctor is letting me take it every other day. 
I took ambien previously with good results.

I have noticed as i have acclimated to the machine my numbers have improved. I really wonder if this is not psychological
in nature and i am probably more relaxed

I am hope full still stuck at 220lb (from 262) but just hit a plateau. I tried juicing for weight loss and what a joke. Do not believe
juicing commercials till you try it and it works for you fine.

I notice in doctors notes there was a note about Apnea retest in 1 year.

Any comments will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ambian is a tool, and you need to use it only as long as needed to establish a good sleep pattern. Don't become dependent.

I would reject any apnea retest. This is more likely to drain your wallet and improve your doctor's financial sheet, than find any change in OSA. You had severe OSA with over 40 events per hour. Regardless of weight loss, your probability of spontaneously resolving OSA are about the same as winning the lottery. Just turn your pressure down, and you should find it convincing enough.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for input

all my apnea numbers look real good. I still use the same mask. My pressure is 13.

I still have problems getting more then 5.5 hrs
hours continuous sleep.

the ambien has helped. Would you still lower the pressure to 12.5

even though things seem to be going good?

what stats should i post  to help with analysis.

energy has really improved. i am 64 guess i can't expect to feel 21 again.

last nite 4.33 hrs
ahi 2.37
large leak 0, obstructive 0.28,unclassified apnea 0
hyponea 1.25

thanks again

l
Post Reply Post Reply
You're certainly the best one to judge whether reduced pressure is more restful, or if it creates more problems. Give it a try. I doubt it is therapeutically more effective, but you sure don't need our permission to try something. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,151 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,506 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 393 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.