Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trazodone for insomnia
RE: Trazodone for insomnia
I have had chronic insomnia for for decades and have tried most of the common sleep remedies such as Ambien and sonata. THey Put me out for a couple of hours and then I'm wide awake. I've never used trazadone. I've been using nightly 1mg doses of clonazepam for about 12 years and it works well. Does anyone know about withdrawal issues and long term effects of clonazepam use?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Who has tried sleep restriction for their insomnia?
How did that work for you?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 01:52 PM)Melman Wrote: I have had chronic insomnia for for decades and have tried most of the common sleep remedies such as Ambien and sonata. THey Put me out for a couple of hours and then I'm wide awake. I've never used trazadone. I've been using nightly 1mg doses of clonazepam for about 12 years and it works well. Does anyone know about withdrawal issues and long term effects of clonazepam use?

Hi Melman,

You might want to discuss these concerns with your doctor.   But having spent time on psych med withdrawal boards, I have noticed that many people find that if they taper off of a med they have been on, particularly long-term, they have to do it very very slowly to avoid withdrawal issues.

Best of luck.

49er
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Maintenance Insomnia alienfrontier 0 109 04-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 289 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 329 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 662 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 822 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Insomnia Slumberseeker 4 658 08-29-2022, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Slumberseeker
  Insomnia and treatment? ECM5 10 1,232 08-02-2022, 07:05 PM
Last Post: ECM5

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.