Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trazodone for insomnia
I have had chronic insomnia for for decades and have tried most of the common sleep remedies such as Ambien and sonata. THey Put me out for a couple of hours and then I'm wide awake. I've never used trazadone. I've been using nightly 1mg doses of clonazepam for about 12 years and it works well. Does anyone know about withdrawal issues and long term effects of clonazepam use?

Post Reply Post Reply
Who has tried sleep restriction for their insomnia?
How did that work for you?

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 01:52 PM)Melman Wrote: I have had chronic insomnia for for decades and have tried most of the common sleep remedies such as Ambien and sonata. THey Put me out for a couple of hours and then I'm wide awake. I've never used trazadone. I've been using nightly 1mg doses of clonazepam for about 12 years and it works well. Does anyone know about withdrawal issues and long term effects of clonazepam use?

Hi Melman,

You might want to discuss these concerns with your doctor.   But having spent time on psych med withdrawal boards, I have noticed that many people find that if they taper off of a med they have been on, particularly long-term, they have to do it very very slowly to avoid withdrawal issues.

Best of luck.

49er
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Help with AHIs Too High/Bad Insomnia bluemom51 17 1,993 08-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  [Symptoms] Not sure if sleep apnea/insomnia/anxiety AJ87 4 274 03-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  sleeping pills for insomnia? EssienM 12 775 01-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Bernerbits' ongoing CPAP/meds/insomnia saga bernerbits 63 3,893 11-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: richb
  Insomnia getting worse 3 months into therapy baconjurer 3 1,082 10-05-2016, 11:50 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Sleep Wake Junk and insomnia 0rangebear 5 704 07-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  insomnia & cpap not giving restful sleep doowop44 8 1,189 02-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Last Post: doowop44