Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Treated, but...
Treated, but...
[attachment=3197] Dont-know
Last night, I was technically treated, but I am so tired I can barely move and I can't stop yawning! What gives?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Treated, but...
My chart looks almost exactly like yours. (AHI=3.18) I have just gotten to the point where I am sleeping good. I have had numbers down to zero and still felt tired and numbers 4+ and had a good night sleep. Have patience, it takes time.

Good numbers do not equate to good sleep, however, good sleep equates to feeling better.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
as Rcgog said, I had the best night sleep with a flow chart that look like I'd had a nightmare all night and an AHI of 5.6 and yet I've hit 1.3 and felt awefull.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2017, 07:13 AM)MrsBrando Wrote: Dont-know
Last night, I was technically treated, but I am so tired I can barely move and I can't stop yawning! What gives?

I think patience may result in the sleep you are looking for, but if you are game for a little experiment, I have an idea.  Set your machine to CPAP mode at 7.0.  You can use the ramp as you have it now.  Let's see if a quiet night of single pressure is your sweet spot.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about the times when the APAP pressure spikes to 10 or more? Don't I need that higher pressure at times?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking for a comfortable pressure that will let you sleep and that minimizes events.  For the night of 2/14, your 95% pressure was 7.5, and I was targeting your 90% pressure, however, if you want to set to CPAP at 7.5 cm, that is okay too.  On your chart, I am starting to see CA appear, so I am more concerned with stabilizing your pressure, rather than just pushing it higher, and mostly I don't want it backing down to 6.0 cm which was your median pressure.  This low pressure is where the majority the events are occurring.  I am also considering trying a lower or no flex setting, but would rather deal with that separately.  

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3197]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I'll try it tonight and see what happens. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
MrsBrando, I agree with SleepRider's suggestion. However it's important to allow your treatment to stabilise and not make changes too frequently. Sometimes it takes a week or more for your body to adjust to a new setting. And often we will have random good or bad nights for no apparent reason. If you review and change your settings too frequently you will never achieve a stable teatment regime. We need to look at trends in the data, not individual nights.

I'd almost suggest you make whatever change you need then do not review your numbers for a full week. Instead of looking at the numbers, keep a diary and record how you felt each day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One machine says I'm treated, another suggests I'm not shawsg 5 181 03-10-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can Palatal Prolapse be treated with CPAP Motomom 40 9,972 08-21-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: aquamike
  Did your liver and kidney function improve after being treated on CPAP? theredheadsaid 5 753 09-27-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  [Diagnosis] New Guy Needs a review - Treated but untreated. Madapples 21 2,382 08-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Madapples
  ASV - How to know if UARS is treated? IUsedToSnore 2 1,281 05-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance fredkahan 3 1,010 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: fredkahan
  Technically Treated - To my core Tired Geologeek 63 5,790 03-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.