Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement
6 months of Bipap - very little improvement
Hi all,

Been trying to treat my UARS in the UK for since august and ive not had much improvement in symptoms - would really appreciate some guidance. Here's last night's Oscar data. My custom flags are: 20,00 3s and 50,00 5s

The only thing that's helped my sleep was buying a cervical collar which eliminated my nocturia and severe tossing and turning (i no longer wake up with all my bed sheets ripped off my bed).

I still wake up multiple times a night (particularly in the second half of sleep) and i'm still v tired. I have no issues with my sleep hygiene. 

I would really appreciate any help, thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 months of Bipap - very little improvement
whats a user flag? you have so many of them
Post Reply Post Reply
How were you diagnosed? You should post a redacted copy of sleep study results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just with a watchpat test, Uk doesn't recognise UARS. I find that I sleep much longer with my CPAP. Before, i would sleep 7ish hours a night and be  unable to get back to sleep despite how tired i was, whereas with the CPAP i can get 9-10 hours. Is this normal ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a screenshot from last night. I changed my trigger to v high to get rid of my CAs. I appear to have reached my "attachment quota of 5 MB" so ican't post any more screenshots".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You can always delete your oldest attachments, or use a free image hosting service like imgur.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me like you're getting a lot of steady leaks, they may not be affecting the therapy, but it's enough to wake you up.

Once that's solved though sometimes the sleep problems aren't up to an apnea or UARS. A lot of things can cause you to wake up at night, multiple times. Whenever i'm going through a particular anxious period my sleep goes to absolute sh*t.

For now I'd try a different mask if you can't keep your mouth closed at night, a full face mask might be the answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
These last results look pretty good. The first example if anything showed that you might be inducing a central apnea affect with the higher PS.

There are some leaks (mostly in first example) but the flat line constant leak is probably not real.
Post Reply Post Reply
my worry is, this forum and others is littered with young thin people that have seen no improvement with CPAP regardless of what their data says and so im starting to think that CPAP is not treating all my arousals (or could even be making my sleep worse - im sleeping longer than ever before).
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried on reading your PS?

Try PS=5
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 79 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,643 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 669 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.