Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Requesting review of OSCAR data
RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data
What do the three breaks in therapy represent? Bathroom breaks? Kids or pets needing attention? Or ...?

Keep in mind that it's normal to wake up several times a night, though we may not remember the wake-ups. The key point you've state is that you don't feel rested during the day. Any chance you can experiment with a somewhat longer time for sleeping?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pee breaks. My schedule is flexible, so I can stay in bed longer - but when I wake up after 7-9 hrs, I usually can't fall back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, no point in staying in bed if you can't fall back asleep.

About the pee breaks. If you could reduce the number to one, that could be a real help. Those breaks may be interfering with your "sleep architecture," the sequence of sleep stages that helps you get adequate REM and deep sleep. Both sleep stages contribute to feeling alert during the day.

Have you tried restricting fluids in the 3-4 hours before bedtime? Also, it's good to be aware of the food and drink that are diuretic, e.g., alcohol, coffee, apples, cucumbers, watermelon, celery. Of course, a visit to the doctor might also make sense, just to be sure your prostate is as it should be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Requesting OSCAR chart review / Excite OSA device user
Hello,

May I request a review of my OSCAR chart? A few points to note:
  • I have been using the Excite OSA device since September 20. I'm pretty sure, based both on how I sleep when I ditch my CPAP (often happens midway through the night), and based on my OSCAR data, that it's not making a difference.
However, I would appreciate an expert's eyes on this data. It seems to suggest that my AHI is decreasing modestly.

For reference, the device stimulates the tongue with jolts of electricity. It is used 20 minutes per day. It is FDA approved, and has solid studies backing its efficacy for moderate sleep apnea, but it doesn't work for everyone.

Thanks,

Ben

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting OSCAR chart review / Excite OSA device user
Just bumping this in hopes someone will have a look. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Overview data is not very useful. Your AHI was always below 3.0, and if I squint hard, the trend seems to show some improvement. Your time using the machine has gotten worse. Post a detailed chart if you want an analysis. I don't have any acquaintance or trust in the Excite device as an effective therapy, and there is no way for us to monitor its efficacy for you.
When you start a new thread, it is a big ask for us to go back and review your previous threads and posts to recall the history. Please keep therapy questions in a single thread. I can merge threads for you so your history is together, but let me know which ones that should be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can conclude only that your CPAP is adequately treating your apnea.  And nothing about the efficacy of the excite.

Schedule a diagnostic sleep test to see how you are doing without CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you @Gideon, much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 23 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 56 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 71 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.