Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] AHI about 10
RE: AHI about 10
Not sure if this would be helpful, but it worked for me. I always thought I was a side sleeper but realized that after falling asleep I turned on my back. I too had > 10 AHI but it fluctuated, sometimes it was as low as 2. After I made the effort to sleep on my side, my AHI was almost always <5.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I should have distinguished between AHI and events per hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2015, 06:08 PM)mapetty Wrote: I had a sleep test in August with an AHI of 23 with REM AHI at 34.

I've been using my Phillips Respironics RemStar APAP for 11 weeks. My AHI has been about 10 from the beginning, even after my Dr. changed the pressure range to 7-14.

After my second Dr. visit, he didn't want to change any settings even with my AHI around 10. Should I be doing anything else?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Mapetty,
I certainly agree with everyone that changes in pressure will help but I think the first step is just as Kate 1898 stated. Make sure that you have tried different masks as that will make as big a change in numbers as anything else.

I don't have a tremendous amount of experience but have suffered from the same things that you do when I first started. I am 32 days in and up to five days ago was averaging over 13 AHI (My sleep study was 72) so I was pleased but knew I had a long way to go. Whilst my CAs were higher than the OAs and you have high Hypopneas etc.. It was pretty much the same situation.

The supply company that I am working with has a 30 day rule whereby I could try and use as many masks as I wanted to. From the start I tried to sleep on my side but as I used to be a back sleeper with mouth open I started with the Amara View. Then I went to the Simplus and after that I tried two more FFMs at a fitting session but can't recall their names. I stuck it out with the Simplus until day 26 when (after reading a post on this forum) I tried the Swift FX nasal pillow with a chin strap.

I am not saying that this is the course you will follow but that trying different masks is a good way to start getting your numbers down as I have averaged just over 4.5 for the last six days with a low of 2.31 with far fewer leaks than I was experiencing.

Now I am looking for ways to get down below 1.0 and will adjust pressures, humidity, hose temperature to try to achieve that.

Good Luck in your journey and I assure you that you will get nothing but good advice on this forum. It is a great place to go for help.

Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.