Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] AHI continues high
RE: AHI continues high
Thanks so much. I am looking at :anti snoring devices & pillows on Amazon. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that you are looking to keep the neck extended, nothing in the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a chin strap & a cervical collar to see which one works best for me. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 09:33 AM)Elvis Wrote: Thought I'd wait a while before sending another chart. What do you say about this one?

Elvis, I think the soft cervical collar will help as we still see clustered obstructive events.  Other issues I see:

Your minimum pressure of 5.5 is too low. The Philips Auto BiPAP is slow to respond ahead of obstruction.  It is the EPAP that works to prevent obstructive apnea.  I recommend increasing EPAP min to 7.0.  This is slightly above your current median and less than your 95% EPAP pressure.  I see no reason to change maximum (IPAP) pressure at 14.0.

With PS 4.0 your hypopnea and flow limitation is reasonably well controlled.  PS can contribute to central events.  I think we will leave PS alone for now pending your trial of a soft cervical trial.

What is your BiFlex setting?  I found I did best with 1 or 2, but had more events at 3.  YMMV.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15990]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thanks for all your wisdom and information. My Biflex is 2, and I will change the Epap to 7. Did I mention that I just bought, it's on the way, a cervical collar & chin strap. I'll try both to see which is best for me.
Thank you, thank you very much! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I think this thread needs an update to show the results of using a soft cervical collar.  In New Thread, Elvis posted the following results.  This is a good example of what correcting positional apnea looks like.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16903]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I misread your post, but I am, and have been using a cervical collar. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:48 AM)Elvis Wrote: Maybe I misread your post, but I am, and have been using a cervical collar. Thanks

Sleeprider was saying how well your doing now compared to earlier posts in this thread, well done looking much better
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 285 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 180 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 173 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,621 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 272 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.