Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed P10 vs Philips Nuance Gel
Resmed P10 vs Philips Nuance Gel
For most of the last 3+ years I've been using the Resmed Airfit N20 nasal mask, which has been fantastic for me.  Nightly AHI = 0.5 - 1.0.

Before the N20, I had originally started with the Nuance pillows, which were just okay.  Never super comfortable, was waking up tired / unrested, and had an AHI of 3 - 5. That's when I started to experiment here then until I settled down with the N20.

I have 3-4 boxed brand new N20 masks in my closet so I decided to try something different just for the sake of change and ordered the P10 fitpack from the DME to try out.  If I'm looking for anything different in a mask it would be a lighter and less obtrusive alternative to a full nasal mask when i want to change things up.  I am a side-sleeper.

So my question for the nasal pillow connoisseurs is, should I anticipate a better experience with the P10 versus the Philips I tried 4 years ago?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed P10 vs Philips Nuance Gel
I can't tell you whether you will, I'm afraid. Everyone is so different. I did read a research paper last night that said in general, people have the best control with pillows, then nasal masks, then full face masks. But it all depends on the person.

That said, I've been fighting with an FFM and trying to both a) control leaks and b) not wear a hole in the bridge of my nose, and to give my nose a rest, I tried both the F30 (which effectively is a nasal mask with a mouth cover too) and also a P10. The P10 won hands down. I found that the nasal mask style (for me) tended to rub and seemed to occlude my nose as if the membrane covered my nostrils sometimes. The P10 (when I got the right size pillows) worked so well. I needed a bigger pillow than I thought I would, considering, and the too-small pillow made me feel air-starved, but once I got that sorted, it was so much more comfortable for me.

I hope that helps a little.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,810 11 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,979 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,120 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 233 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.