Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] AHI starts very low increases a lot during nite
RE: AHI starts very low increases a lot during nite
Hello Richhb, Thanks for your reply!

This feels great, I think seeing the data will help. Thanks

I think lowering the pressure has helped in the past. I reviewed my stats from last year and found a pressure of IPAP 10 cm H20, EPAP 5 cm H20 with pressure support of Zero giving me a two day average AHI of 4.16. I do not know why I changed this. Possibly the suggestion of my doctor. I believe I will try this again, but with an IPAP of 11 since occasionally the machine uses almost 11.

I am posting two of the STAT shots and a clips from last night. These were 11 /10 PS of zero.

On the graphs I know I don't know which lines are most important. I am moving the graphs that are changing to the top to make them visible. If there is another view that is more helpful I can get such a view.

Stats
[Image: Z2lL71kl.jpg]

Pressures tried. If it looks like I have not found much guidance on pressures, it is because I haven't.
[Image: cbVxg0wl.jpg]

Multiple events
[Image: DsUeudal.jpg]

Single event
[Image: iGtkZQXl.jpg]

No events
[Image: IO8gljdl.jpg]

If I seem to drop out of sight for a week it is because I'm going on vacation. There may not be WIFI there Cool

I am really impressed with IMGUR. If I have over-used it, please let me know. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The CA (Clear Airway, possibly central apneas) are events. Take a look at the lower left for the total time in apnea - all 3 of those are 20 minutes each of time in apnea. That's the amount of time you weren't breathing.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting the charts. There are several graphs that are interesting to me . First, most of your pressure experimentation is at higher levels. Higher pressures and pressure differentials (IPAP/EPAP) contribute to an increase in CA scored events. If you assume that you have Central Apnea not caused by high altitude, opioids or CHF than you will be showing CA type events at the lowest pressures. The problem for you is that you most likely have some OSA events that need a certain level of pressure to keep under control. What you will be looking for is a sweet spot where your pressure is high enough to minimize OSA events but low enough to also minimize full blown CA events. The next thing is that you will want to see the pressure response that your machine is making to events as your machine senses them. This is less important at fixed settings such as yours. When I did my own self titration experiments I brought my settings all the way down to straight 5 Cm H2O. At 5 Cm my CA events nearly all became Central Hypopnea events. I don't have any OSA so my sweet spot is a very low pressure. Remember that if you have true Central Apnea you have it with no machine at all as you say you did in your sleep study. Also you will not be trying to "cure" your CA with hunting for that sweet spot. You will be proving that your present machine offers no help at all for your CA.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 945 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 428 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 422 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 726 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Thumbsup My ASV journey starts logart89 7 1,086 07-25-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Uphold9887
  [Treatment] AHI consistently increases through the night RTurner 7 1,037 12-11-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsdown [Equipment] Used Transcend Starts Strong Then Tapers To Too Low Gathermewool 0 435 11-14-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Gathermewool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.