Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] AHI very high this month after 5 reasonably good years
AHI very high this month after 5 reasonably good years
For most of my years using cpap, my AHI averaged 0.7 to 1.4, with most events classified as centrals. My AHI over the last few months has been really high, and only ever below 1.0 if I'm not sleeping well. It seems most of these events are centrals and hypopneas. 

In Feb this year, I changed masks from swift fx to airfit p30i (with dreamwear headgear). 
After I had covid (first time) in May, my average AHI went up to 1.2 to 3.0.
Starting the first week of July, I had a few days with huge ahi (10, 9,14) nearly all centrals, which has leveled out to a range anywhere from 1.0 to 5.0, with an average around 3.

I am attaching OSCAR data from a range of days, with the highest ahi, a good ahi, and last night. I have closeups for each, but reached the upload limit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI very high this month after 5 reasonably good years
Has anything changed? Any new medication? Any new medical diagnosis seemingly unconnected to sleep apnea?

Any changes to your sleep habits? Any changes to the room you sleep in?

Any stress changes? Food habit changes? Alcohol intake changes?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI very high this month after 5 reasonably good years
Thank you, PaulaO2.

For prescriptions, my dose of wellbutrin xl changed from 450 mg to 300 mg which happened a month or two before I noticed this AHI change. Earlier this year, my ENT prescribed Azelastine nasal spray. Supplement wise, I had been taking 3000 mg of omega 3 fish oil, and I've forgotten to do that for a few months.

My sleep habits have been pretty consistent between June and July. My bedroom hasn't changed. I'm replacing bedroom and house air filters on their usual schedule. 

About a week before this change started, I was diagnosed with fatty liver, NAFLD. However, looking at past blood work, the condition is not nearly as new as the diagnosis. I have been eating a lot more vegetables and a lot less processed foods, so my diet has changed a bit. I would just be really surprised if eating better would increase AHIs. I don't drink alcohol (either before or after the diagnosis).

Regarding stress, July has actually been far calmer than June. The AHI jump happened on 2 July.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is my sleep data good? phoen1kx 2 101 04-25-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  I was doing good progress but suddenly can't take it anymore Elijah1220 3 208 04-25-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Elijah1220
  Resmed Mini good - Resmed 11 not good r2davis3 2 136 04-23-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 109 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 81 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 246 04-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 129 04-20-2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: erouting

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.