Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] ASV hallelujah! and one question
Grin 
ASV hallelujah! and one question
Last night was my first night with my new ASV ResMed 10.  I had no central apneas and no obstructive apneas, for the first time, maybe for years! Grin Grin Smile like like like

I did wake several times, so it will take a little time to get used to it.

Previously I had been having, on average, 7 to 15 central apneas and zero to one obstructive apnea per hour, using a regular ResMed 10 BiPap titrated to the best possible pressure.  I worked at the titrations over one year of use. 

After several posts regarding the central apneas and getting feedback from you guys, I reviewed all my records with my pulmonologist, spent one more night in the sleep lab, and he then submitted to request for an ASV to Medicare.  It went through on the first request!

Hallelujah!!!

I do have one question.  I had a bunch of hypopneas while my mask was leaking excessively.  Does the "Leak Alert" on the ResMed 10 work? I'll try it tonight, but I just had to tell folks who care about this success.

Thanks for the support you all have given me in figuring out how to get my apneas treated.

Relieved,
Ricknfli
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV hallelujah! and one question
Congratulations on your success!

Regarding the leak, yes, it does detect, however it has to be quite a large leak. If you go into Settings then Test Mask Fit, you can try it and play with it to see how much leak will make it *tilt*.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Richard VT,

Thanks much.  I'll try that.

Ricknfli
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ricknfli,
CONGRATULATIONS! on getting the machine you really needed and wanted.
Hang in there for more answers to your question, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much trisha!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the world of ASV. Newbee here but loving my ASV, thought it would take some getting used to but after a week it's becoming really easy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TPeters,

I am having an easy time also.  The first night I noticed the pressure increased if I took a slow inspiration.  Last night it felt totally normal. 

I had another night of no central or obstructive apneas, but a bunch of hypopneas associated with increased leaking. The leak alarm woke me, but only after two hours of increased leak and increased hypopneas.  I have found though that the leaks are more common if I roll onto my back.  So I am going to resume using the strap on device that keeps my on my side.  Maybe that will help.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,441 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.