Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea
Idea 
ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea
Following on from thread here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hing-space

First night on ASV, no special stuff like cervical collar, EERS or anything. Lots of aerophagia, gave up for the night after waking up a few times and pain from aerophagia. Min EPAP 4 Max 15, Min PS 3 Max 15. Changed min epap to 7 after waking up (you can see in chart), didn't help.

[Image: NHooAU9.png]
[Image: C7qcrIA.png]
[Image: 8K4Gz1e.png]
[Image: Vjh8ba9.png]
[Image: 3mzZlRe.png][Image: BwalyK5.png]
[Image: koAia8D.png]
[Image: 2BZDBud.png]
[Image: rxU1NAB.png]
[Image: p6Oap9f.png]
[Image: oojfVN3.png]
[Image: 24Y6lGp.png]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea
Thanks for sharing the detailed images, it is pretty cool seeing how ASV works to keep your breathing normalized.

This is just a theoretical question, I am sure others more experienced already know the answer but perhaps limiting the max PS initially would help avoid the aerophagia and give the body time to adapt (I see you initially had aerophagia on APAP as well)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea I had aerophagia with CPAP that went away after about five days of treatment, I haven't used CPAP for over a week now so I might just have to get used to it again.

I'm mostly wondering right now if I should increase min PS to make flow less limited  Dont-know
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limits on ASV are different, I see no need for the epap raise nor did the machine that aerophagia might be helped by limiting the max ps to 10 as a starting point
Post Reply Post Reply
How is flow limit different on ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no problem with a higher PS min, but I'd wait a day or two before making changes. Based on your history PS 4 sounds like a good idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really feel any significant support using these settings when awake, I've used up to PS 5.6 on the bilevel but that was with Min EPAP 7.6.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on getting that ASV. Whatever is the proper time for setting changes, I'd probably go with PS Min to 4.0 and possibly pull in EPAP range a bit. If Aerophagia is an issue, cut back both EPAP and PS MAX down a few clicks until you're adjusted or if events start to show up. Example EPAP range 7-12, PS 4-11 or 12. I'm basing info on my AirCurve 10 ASV, in the presumption that your 9 Series is otherwise similar than looks, and that you're running ASV Auto mode.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's set to ASV Auto and as far as I'm aware, S9 36037 and Airsense 10 ASV are functionally equivalent. 

Is there some ASV magic I'm missing? Isn't the flattened inspiratory curve concerning? I know ASV is meant to deal with a lot of this stuff automagically but you know...
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be several things. I'd want to look again, but it may just be down to machine - person sync on inhale to exhale timing. Certainly keep an eye on it to see if it's a continuing thing or if you and ASV get synched and it disappears.

Oh yeah, be ready to enforce Blowback. It'll need it sometime.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 43 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 221 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.