Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea
RE: ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea
Good!.....are you taking any medication for sleep aid (back to sleep quickly after arousals....lowering arousal thresholds)?

all the best
Mper
I am not a doctor. Nothing that I say here is medical advice
All my posts include only outcomes/learnings from my own/other therapies and medical literature

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
oops!....increasing arousal thresholds?
Mper
I am not a doctor. Nothing that I say here is medical advice
All my posts include only outcomes/learnings from my own/other therapies and medical literature

Post Reply Post Reply
So they are arousals then. Try and comb through them in detail to see if you think they are all spontaneous or if some of them may be related to breathing.

If primarily spontaneous then you need to start looking at other aspects of sleep, sleep hygiene, sleep aids, trying to reduce stress etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recent data. 16th to 18th are using EERS, first half of night on 19th is using EERS, second half is not. Didn't seem to improve things so I've stopped using it.

Looking at old data, events are clearly and obviously way lower than CPAP or BiLevel. Waveforms are better than CPAP and equivalent to BiLevel. I feel better than on CPAP or BiLevel, with the reduced leak rate, significantly reduced events and improved comfort, I say ASV is a success. One problem is sometimes waking up and not being able to fall back asleep with the CPAP on, I thought it could be due to PS spiking up high but looking at the data, there doesn't seem to be any relationship. Breathing is also unstable/inconsistent on a lot of nights, maybe with CAs about to occur, the PS spikes up which successfully prevents the CA but that disturbs sleep/causes arousal?

[Image: VDvMeqS.png][Image: bCMUApI.png][Image: MSGS68h.png][Image: KBl71nc.png][Image: j4z1cfb.png][Image: zipqBFX.png]

[Image: isdxuBp.png][Image: 0olXUDc.png]

[Image: 4JlyPbe.png][Image: O5lXQgr.png][Image: NmdusoS.png][Image: O9hRcaE.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Good to hear things seem to be improving.

The one thing I still wonder about is those periods of high pressure, low respiration rate and falling minute volume. If I was going to focus on anything it would be trying to figure out what those periods represent. They seem to occur post arousal semi frequently.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information [Health] Acetazolamide reduces central apneas, both altitude-induced and treatment emergent JoeyWallaby 1 26 3 hours ago
Last Post: Geer1
  Need help with pressure settings gilbert123 19 1,386 9 hours ago
Last Post: gilbert123
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 148 3,679 02-18-2020, 09:03 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Apnea & Anesthesia Advice andycc 12 329 02-15-2020, 10:54 AM
Last Post: JWood
  Sleep apnea and afib Respir8 18 516 02-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Last Post: John O
  New to sleep apnea with some questions stringbean018 7 196 02-01-2020, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  User new to changing settings mjphyi 43 2,261 01-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: mjphyi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.