Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] ASV
ASV
Just received new ASV machine.. first two nights great with 1.2 AHI
3rd nite 4.0 4th 4,5 fifth 6.0 last night 10
Help.. was on CPAP Then By-pap.....HELP..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV
Hi victorpaul,
I don't know anything about ASV machines but I will say, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using Sleepy head software?
If not why not?
Look at your Sleepy head software charts and see what the problem is.
It could be leaks. It could be pressure settings or???
Look at your info and ask specific questions here. Get help and correct whatever is wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2015, 06:50 PM)bwexler Wrote: Are you using Sleepy head software?
If not why not?
Look at your Sleepy head software charts and see what the problem is.
It could be leaks. It could be pressure settings or???
Look at your info and ask specific questions here. Get help and correct whatever is wrong.

ok. all i understand so far is AHI events per hour. im getting a lot of air blown into my stomach. so much it wakes me during the night with discomfort. i get up walk around until i burp all the air then back to bed. Uncomfortable..
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi victorpaul,
You could ask your RT to lower your pressures a little to help your body adapt.
Raising the head of your bed may help some as well. I mostly side sleep if I can as I have more apneas on my back then pressures go up. You could try side sleeping , see if it helps . As others have suggested it would be helpful to use sleepyhead software or get someone to help you with it in order to get valuable data from the SD card. If your mask is leaking that will effect the pressures .My tech told me it was really important to control mask leaks as the pressures can ramp up quick.
Getting air in the stomach is called aerophagia and there are threads about it .
Did you get air in the stomach with the cpap and bipap?
Take care.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2015, 09:13 AM)victorpaul Wrote: Just received new ASV machine ... HELP.

Hi victorpaul,

In general, it is very common that patients need the pressure settings to be (at least temporarily) limited while they get accustomed to ASV therapy.

I suggest you request by email a copy of the provider setup manual for your machine. At the top of the forum are links to instructions on how to request a setup manual by email.

Obstructive Sleep Apnea is usually strongly positional, and sleeping supine, flat on our back, is usually the worst position for OSA. So, as mentioned by 3porpoise, it may help a great deal to avoid sleeping flat on your back, because then machine might not need to increase the EPAP pressure as high. EPAP is the pressure while we are exhaling.

Your machine has settings for Min Pressure Support (Min PS) and Max Pressure Support (Max PS). What are these settings on your machine?

PS is the amount of boost in pressure which occurs to help us inhale.

It should lower your tendency to swallow air if the Max PS is lowered to 10, or perhaps even as low as 8.

I think it would help if you can install SleepyHead and post a link to a report. I think the Member Help area part of the forum has instructions on how to post a link. Not sure how long you may need to have been a member (or how many posts you may need to have made) before you can post a link.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.